Edexcel English Language Coursework. (A Level)

Watch
charlotteeastick
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just a bit puzzled over Coursework for English Language - does it have to be on one genre i.e. a transcript but is presented in two different ways? My chosen topic is on why the education system is failing in the UK (hopefully Edexcel won't kill me for that!!), but I'm so confused how I'm meant to go about creating it. I thought about making a speech from a TED Talk from a teenagers perspective, so it would be more personal, persuasive and creates a sense of unity between other students that can relate etc and then I was thinking of creating a transcript from a Radio Podcast from a Radio station called 4Thought which would be more informative and factual (aka gather info and statistics from journals). I gathered this would create a divide in target audience, so the TED Talk would cohere with younger generations, and the Radio show being adults and such driving home from work etc. This is the correct way of going about the Coursework? Please let me know if I've went wrong somewhere, because I don't quite understand what Edexcel want me to do here! Also how do you go about finding style models for your chosen genre/topic/audience?

I am just a little confused with it all and I want to get my head around it before we properly start it in September.

Thanks 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.72%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (67)
28.51%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.77%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.55%

Watched Threads