The Student Room Group

Law or Maths?

Hiii,

I am currently struggling to chose between law or maths for uni. I am good at maths but don't like it as much as law. I dont know whether am good at law but do enjoy it. What is more important: ability or passion?
Reply 1
Original post by kimm999
Hiii,

I am currently struggling to chose between law or maths for uni. I am good at maths but don't like it as much as law. I dont know whether am good at law but do enjoy it. What is more important: ability or passion?

Go to some taster sessions and see which you prefer.

E.g.
https://london.ac.uk/ways-study/study-campus-london/university-taster-courses
Other universities run these too if London isn't local.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly do more research. Should be your choice.

If you really enjoy it then do law, but my advice would be to do maths as that keeps more options open including Law.
Dont do maths if you dont enjoy it though. and if that hampers your grade.
My first undergraduate degree was Maths and I hated it. My second undergraduate degree was Law and I loved it. Of course, that would be a fairly slender basis for you to choose between them.
Reply 4
Imo do law and do good.
I think it rather unlikely you know enough about academic law to say you like it, or indeed that you like it more than maths. Law is a rather dry and technical degree and you won't know if you enjoy that discipline until you have a go of doing it.

A-Level law or reading the Human Rights Act does not prepare you for the tedium that is most of undergraduate law.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
thanks for all the replies
Reply 7
Original post by kimm999
thanks for all the replies

How about do Math, then get a GDL and then go in the very lucrative specialty of Tax.. you will clearly have the academic grounding from both

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending