The Student Room Group

Girl I dated put me in the friendzone

The girl I was dating has dropped me right into the friend-zone. Is there any possibility of getting out there if I don't make the same mistakes again? We met today and it went very well, she opened up a bit more after I was honest with her.

He reasons for ending is that because I had lied to her the whole time we was dating about my work situation - we aren't compatible because I didn't deal with things very well when I was at my worst.

Anyway she seemed a little more open than before, which is rather strange. She's agreed to see me Friday, so I am guessing we are dating as friends? She knows I've got ulterior motives so surely she wouldn't agree to anything if she didn't have the slightest of interest. She still seems to have feelings for me that she had when we had dated.
Reply 1
Hi,

Honesty is very important in a relationship. There is a possibility of getting back into a relationship with her but I wouldn’t rush into it! Don’t be afraid for her to know your good and your bad, you shouldn’t have to lie in order to make her like you even more! She might be slightly hurt because you lied to her for a while, so in my opinion I wouldn’t jump right back into the relationship again. Get to know each other as friends and you may grow into a relationship.
Reply 2
Hi,

I think if I learn from this and actually become wiser, that is a positive from me. I think your right, chances are her gut instinct was wrong about me and she's sort of giving me the benefit of the doubt. By being there as her friend; she can build on the distrust I had with her and ultimately I can spin this around.

The right person for her let's her be comfortable around her and let's her asses feelings. This process takes months. Her gut instinct was something was not right, I unfairly clinged on. So I've got a lot of hard work to do but playing it very cool might be the best.

Yesterday went well and we are supposedly going for dinner and drinks. So if I'm myself, I work on myself then she'll have a change of heart. We both want the same things so it makes sense to keep me close to her chest whilst she plays her cards on Okcupid. I doubt she'll find it...

Original post by XxM3GxX
Hi,

Honesty is very important in a relationship. There is a possibility of getting back into a relationship with her but I wouldn’t rush into it! Don’t be afraid for her to know your good and your bad, you shouldn’t have to lie in order to make her like you even more! She might be slightly hurt because you lied to her for a while, so in my opinion I wouldn’t jump right back into the relationship again. Get to know each other as friends and you may grow into a relationship.
Dating as friends isn't a thing. She sees you as a friend, and you lied to her. It doesn't look like it's going to go anywhere. Don't play it cool or other games, be her friend or don't be anything.
Reply 4
She did make that very clear. That she's offering me friendship during this difficult time, but that's it. I don't think it'll go anywhere but then again, she's not said never. It's how she feels now and that the right person for her makes her feel comfortable and let's her assess her feelings. She had feelings for me, but obviously she knew something was not quite right. I don't have to prove my self worth to a girl - I already know I am worthy of being a boyfriend, husband and to her offspring.

Original post by Anonymous
Dating as friends isn't a thing. She sees you as a friend, and you lied to her. It doesn't look like it's going to go anywhere. Don't play it cool or other games, be her friend or don't be anything.
Original post by Anonymous
The girl I was dating has dropped me right into the friend-zone. Is there any possibility of getting out there if I don't make the same mistakes again? We met today and it went very well, she opened up a bit more after I was honest with her.

He reasons for ending is that because I had lied to her the whole time we was dating about my work situation - we aren't compatible because I didn't deal with things very well when I was at my worst.

Anyway she seemed a little more open than before, which is rather strange. She's agreed to see me Friday, so I am guessing we are dating as friends? She knows I've got ulterior motives so surely she wouldn't agree to anything if she didn't have the slightest of interest. She still seems to have feelings for me that she had when we had dated.

Apply to Love Island
You’re both wasting one another’s time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending