Does this count as an Extenuating circumstances ? Watch

BMNS3242
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
does type 1 diabetes count as an Extenuating circumstances when applying for University?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BMNS3242)
does diabetes count as an Extenuating circumstances when applying for University?
Depends how severe and how much it affected your studies.
Have you applied for special consideration?
BMNS3242
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Depends how severe and how much it affected your studies.
Have you applied for special consideration?
no. I didnt even know that was a thing until now
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just being diabetic won't count. If it caused you any difficulties, it may.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
no. I didnt even know that was a thing until now
If you have serious diabetes such that it impeded your studies, then possibly. Call their admissions and just ask.
BMNS3242
Rep:
?
If you have serious diabetes such that it impeded your studies, then possibly. Call their admissions and just ask.
ah okay. I wouldnt say serious but i was newly diagnosed at the end of year 10 which made me concentrate on my health more than GCSE's which resulted in me getting bs and Cs. This then lead me to doing Btec level 3 at college. If i get d* in BTEC could i say that i have better control over it and thats why i was able to get a d*
Geek5
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds more like an excuse than a problem.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
ah okay. I wouldnt say serious but i was newly diagnosed at the end of year 10 which made me concentrate on my health more than GCSE's which resulted in me getting bs and Cs. This then lead me to doing Btec level 3 at college. If i get d* in BTEC could i say that i have better control over it and thats why i was able to get a d*
You arent giving any information on how serious it is.
Talk to the uni.
BMNS3242
Rep:
?
(Original post by Geek5)
Sounds more like an excuse than a problem.
Excuse me do you have diabetes? na im only jk techinaly problems can sound like exuses but are problems
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you could explain that but it really isnt extenuating circumstances. If you got Bs andCs in GCSE that is accepted by most universities as are BTEC's
BMNS3242
Rep:
?
You arent giving any information on how serious it is.
Talk to the uni.
okay
BMNS3242
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
you could explain that but it really isnt extenuating circumstances. If you got Bs andCs in GCSE that is accepted by most universities as are BTEC's
the course i want to do is dentistry. I was like getting top marks until the end of year 10
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
does type 1 diabetes count as an Extenuating circumstances when applying for University?
See what a university thinks (my bold):
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....umstances-form

"The ECF should be used where an applicant's education has been seriously disrupted or disadvantaged through health, disability, difficulties with schooling, or challenging personal or family circumstances."
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
See what a university thinks (my bold):
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....umstances-form

"The ECF should be used where an applicant's education has been seriously disrupted or disadvantaged through health, disability, difficulties with schooling, or challenging personal or family circumstances."
Tried that and pointed it out.
I was taken to task in another thread for not being supportive enough previously.
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the course i want to do is dentistry. I was like getting top marks until the end of year 10
I cannot see it counting as extenuating circumstances but there is nothing to stop your referee explaining this. I think you should consider redoing year 12 with a levels as I dont think the btec will be accepted for dentistry as they arent for medicine.
BMNS3242
Rep:
?
Tried that and pointed it out. I was taken to task for not being supportive enough previously.
wait are u talking about me? Cause i was literaly just going to do what u said and ring them tomorrow
BMNS3242
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I cannot see it counting as extenuating circumstances but there is nothing to stop your referee explaining this. I think you should consider redoing year 12 with a levels as I dont think the btec will be accepted for dentistry as they arent for medicine.
some universities accpet BTEC but very few. Even if i resit and do A-levels i will need to resit GCSE as i dont meet the entry requiremnts
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
wait are u talking about me? Cause i was literaly just going to do what u said and ring them tomorrow
Nope just ignore that it was to doones and referred to something else.
Samantha2009
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi yes it does
BMNS3242
Rep:
?
Nope just ignore that it was to doones and referred to something else.
ah okay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish