busterposey
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone!

I'm a philosophy undergrad student and looking to submit some essays to philosophy essay competitions for fun/ my academic CV, but I can barely find any!

There's LOADS for sixth-formers and a handful for grad students but seemingly none for undergrads - there's one offered by my uni, and besides that all I've been able to find in several hours of google trawling is a prize in philosophy of religion from Inter-Varisty Press (for 16-25 year olds).

Anyone know of any more out there? I'm particularly interested in ethics and the philosophy of religion but any essay prize of a philosophical nature I could enter would be amazing.

Thanks!!
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is the prize the important thing, or are you looking to publish early on? If the latter, you might try the British Journal of Undergraduate Philosophy (BJUP), in which I had a paper published (many moons ago now) for no material reward as such, but to great effect (especially when it came to finding applications for my PhD).
busterposey
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Is the prize the important thing, or are you looking to publish early on? If the latter, you might try the British Journal of Undergraduate Philosophy (BJUP), in which I had a paper published (many moons ago now) for no material reward as such, but to great effect (especially when it came to finding applications for my PhD).
Hi, sorry I missed this! Yes, that's right, I'm hoping to get published early. I've had a look at the BJUP and it looks like it might be a good option - thanks!
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by busterposey)
Hi, sorry I missed this! Yes, that's right, I'm hoping to get published early. I've had a look at the BJUP and it looks like it might be a good option - thanks!
There is also Dialogue (not the big one, it's an American journal published by the Phi Sigma Tau society) - they publish philosophy of all stripes from anybody providing they do not hold a PhD or other terminal qualification. They were also a total breeze to work with re editing and copyright, much more so than the BJUP.
busterposey
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by gjd800)
There is also Dialogue (not the big one, it's an American journal published by the Phi Sigma Tau society) - they publish philosophy of all stripes from anybody providing they do not hold a PhD or other terminal qualification. They were also a total breeze to work with re editing and copyright, much more so than the BJUP.
Lol I also missed this, cheers thought mate that's super helpful x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.57%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (64)
30.19%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.79%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.49%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.66%
I think it's an unfair expectation (57)
26.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.42%

Watched Threads