The Student Room Group

Year 11

Things I should know before I start year11?
Original post by Jeaniebeale
Things I should know before I start year11?

It'll go really fast leading up to the GCSE's, so just make sure you increase the revision gradually leading up to it.
It's not that bad once you've started honestly.
Also if you're revising and you just feel like your not getting it make sure to stop and take a break, it'll majorly help.

Hope that helps!

(anything else you want to know?)
(edited 5 years ago)
Exams are important but do not let people stress you out over them. It is so easy to get caught up in your friend's stress. Just chill, revise and listen to some music you like. That is how I coped.

And do not waste this year doing stupid sh*t. And do not neglect your health either.
Just revise a lot, it helps so much especially if you start early. also dont get complacent thinking that you know how to do the topic answer some questions just to make sure
I recommend doing an essay a month for your teacher (whether it be english language or literature). I wish I did since by the end of the year, writing essays ill be a breeze. Make sure to get pointers etc. Always ask for help and don't be shy to ask; teachers get paid to help you so take advantage of it. Don't stress and good luck! Make sure to do maths questions as the year progresses; maths skills get rusty easily if you leave it for a long time (another thing I regret)
Reply 5
Thank you!! Just one more thing... did you find it easier revising at home or somewhere different?
home for me. i could take my time when revising. however this depends if you cant resist your phone then going somewhere different would be better. also it depends who you go to if they have a big class then you wont have much time dedicated to you so it will hinder you.
Yeah revising at home is much better (at least it was for me). In school you have lots of people around at times that can be a distraction.

Also definitely agree with SainTsuki about maths questions and practice exam questions in general. They really help improve those skills.

Most important thing is try to enjoy it as much as possible, find the fun in revision in some way and it sticks better in your head.

Good Luck!
if you haven't already, see if you can complete the majority of your revision notes in the summer as it'll make mock revision a lot less stressful! don't overwork yourself, make sure you focus on your classwork and do make the effort in revising for mocks as it'll allow you to see the gaps in your knowledge more easily.
Reply 9
Thank you for your help everyone! But how do u actually have the motivation to do it? I work best at night...
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending