The Student Room Group

A-Level (AS Level) choices for medicine

So Im going to start my A Levels next September and I've made my mind that I will do Chemistry, Biology and Math but there is still a problem, Im not sure whether should I do a 4th AS level or not.
Please guys, help me out. If I have to do a 4th AS level, should I pick Physics or Arabic ???
Reply 1
If Arabic is your native language most unis won't really consider the grade so I'd pick physics.
just do 3. Your gonna drop it anyways either when you fail you January mocks or at the end of year 12. Plus unis don't give a **** about 4 subjects (except Oxbridge). I assume you're interested in medicine based on subjects you're taking. 3 is enough for medicine. If you are planning on applying for Oxbridge and are planning on taking all 4 for alevels then id recommend physics (if Arabic is your native language -> unis are checking this now and usually will not count any language alevels if you already know the language fluently - cuz a lot of lazy people like to study languages they already know - which is ****ing stupid)

Quick Reply

Latest