The Student Room Group

Failed friendship?

I recently fell out with my friend, simply over a disagreement, about a joke they made about my biggest insecurity. Nothing got out of hand or personal we just stopped talking when we’d been messaging everyday for about a year. It’s been on my mind a lot because I feel like it was my fault that the misunderstanding happened in the first place. It’s my birthday today and they have seen all social media posts but haven’t even wished me a happy birthday, when I didn’t realise we had fallen out to this level. I though we were still completely fine just maybe things had changed and we were no longer as close.
It’s been on my mind for days and I don’t know how to handle it because I know that if I say anything now I will seem over the top and pathetic. What do I do? I still want to be friends but the reason we haven’t spoke is because I felt the way they responded to me being annoyed was as if they don’t care because it’s my fault I couldn’t take a joke.
I recently went through the same thing however we fell out for a different reason.Firstly, don't blame yourself. If its something you feel insecure about they shouldnt have made comments, that is going to far. and also if none of them have bothered to contact you on your birthday then they aren't worth it. Trust me that is a really nasty and inconsiderate thing to do. If you see them smile at them , but if they wont put in effort with you dont put the effort in back

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending