Imperial GEM - New funding? Watch

ConfusedGEM
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hello guys,

I was just browsing the Imperial GEM Programme page and came across this:

"Our Graduate Medicine degree (UCAS code A109) has been temporarily suspended for September 2019 entry while we update the curriculum."

"A new version of Graduate Medicine will be launched for 2020 entry. Information on the new course will be published in early 2019."

I know it's very wishful thinking, but what are the chances that this 'change to the curriculum' may mean that the course is going to become funded in the same way as the other GEM courses?
ConfusedGEM
Rep:
?
bump
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ConfusedGEM)
Hello guys,

I was just browsing the Imperial GEM Programme page and came across this:

"Our Graduate Medicine degree (UCAS code A109) has been temporarily suspended for September 2019 entry while we update the curriculum."

"A new version of Graduate Medicine will be launched for 2020 entry. Information on the new course will be published in early 2019."

I know it's very wishful thinking, but what are the chances that this 'change to the curriculum' may mean that the course is going to become funded in the same way as the other GEM courses?
I would probably imagine they're changing it back to a 4 year course again.

The reason they apparently gave for changing it to 5 years initially was that students found it stressful which seems ludicrous to me. Even if they found it stressful, they much rather pay less and actually get funding.

And every degree at Imperial is hard, so it comes with the territory
username334839
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Im not entirely sure what the review is about but I do know that their decision to transform the 4 year graduate course into a 5 year graduate course was (supposedly) because the students were not getting enough clinical time to meet GMC requirements...
ConfusedGEM
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kyber Ninja)
I would probably imagine they're changing it back to a 4 year course again.

The reason they apparently gave for changing it to 5 years initially was that students found it stressful which seems ludicrous to me. Even if they found it stressful, they much rather pay less and actually get funding.

And every degree at Imperial is hard, so it comes with the territory
(Original post by Cravez)
Im not entirely sure what the review is about but I do know that their decision to transform the 4 year graduate course into a 5 year graduate course was (supposedly) because the students were not getting enough clinical time to meet GMC requirements...
I do hope that is the case and they are changing it back to the four years. It seems like they tried to revolutionise the course and it didn't work. The not being funded especially doesn't help anyone.
nisha12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help? This might sound like stupid question but I am trying to apply for the graduate entry medicine at imperial but I went to their page and they said that the 2019 has been temporarily suspended so does that mean I cant appy for the graduate entry? because the code is not coming up on UCAS
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by nisha12)
Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help? This might sound like stupid question but I am trying to apply for the graduate entry medicine at imperial but I went to their page and they said that the 2019 has been temporarily suspended so does that mean I cant appy for the graduate entry? because the code is not coming up on UCAS
No you can't apply, it's been suspended for 2019 entry.
nisha12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Oh thank you for replying. I have one more question, can you still apply for the undergraduate A100 one for imperial would they look at my degree or just my A levels an GCSE
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by nisha12)
Oh thank you for replying. I have one more question, can you still apply for the undergraduate A100 one for imperial would they look at my degree or just my A levels an GCSE
I'm not sure. Might be best to contact admissions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (67)
15.8%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (43)
10.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (80)
18.87%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
14.39%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (46)
10.85%
How can I be the best version of myself? (127)
29.95%

Watched Threads