I don’t want a boyfriend? Is that normal?

Watch
Styles1994x
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’ve not been with many boys before.
I’m 17 and not too long ago me and this guy did some stuff together. We didn’t go all the way but yeah we did stuff.
He’s on at me a lot about being his grirlfriend and honestly I really don’t want to!
I don’t really want any involvement with boys and I don’t know wh I just don’t! I’m very career focused and I hate when people say women need a man to be happy! No we do not! Don’t get me wrong, I would love kids one day I just don’t want to have the relationship that usually leads to them!
All the girls at school love boys and want relationships.
Is it weird that I don’t?! Is there something wrong with me!?
Also how do I tell this lad without looking like I used him!?
username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Styles1994x)
I’m 17 and not too long ago me and this guy did some stuff together. We didn’t go all the way but yeah we did stuff.
He’s on at me a lot about being his grirlfriend and honestly I really don’t want to!
I don’t really want any involvement with boys and I don’t know wh I just don’t! I’m very career focused and I hate when people say women need a man to be happy! No we do not! Don’t get me wrong, I would love kids one day I just don’t want to have the relationship that usually leads to them!
It is perfectly normal for you to not want a boyfriend. You're right. Women do not need a man to be happy. Just politely tell him that you are not looking to be in a relationship right now because you want to focus on your career.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
No offense but you're 17, you're still a child. You haven't really experienced proper life yet (or not fully at least), you're still confused about yourself in certain ways. But no there's nothing wrong with that. You're entitled to your opinion that you don't need men to be happy and that's fine.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No offense but you're 17, you're still a child. You haven't really experienced proper life yet (or not fully at least), you're still confused about yourself in certain ways. But no there's nothing wrong with that. You're entitled to your opinion that you don't need men to be happy and that's fine.
She’s not a child. Yes young but not a child. She’s asking advice because yeah maybe she isn’t entirely sure yet. But this is ‘the student room’ hense people being young!
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sometimes I feel like that, but each point has its own argument. Like I would like to be in a relationship, but at the same time I don’t want commitment, since I find it difficult to keep up with relationships.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's not weird and perfectly normal. You're still really young so try not to worry about it.
as125
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm the same but I'm a guy and when a girl tries something with me I'm like....

Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by as125)

Haha I get you 100%
Styles1994x
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by as125)

Haha I get you 100%
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you are no longer interested in this guy, break up with him and give him the chance to find a girlfriend who wants to be with him.

There's nothing wrong with you.
People want different things and aim for different life goals.
You prefer a career to a romantic partnership.
At this point in your life, you don't want commitment to a long term relationship.
You might change your mind in 10 years or you might feel the same.

I'm 23, live alone and have been single for 4 years.
I am happy with my life and don't believe that people need a partner or sexual relationship to be happy, regardless of gender or relationship status.

It's easy to have children with IVF using donor sperm from a stranger. But life as a single parent is hard.
If you decide to have children through IVF, you might want to consider getting a friend or someone you know to donate.
That way any child you have will always know who both their parents are and the father would still be involved in the child's life.
You could agree to co-parent together- with no sexual relationship involved.

Philander33
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is there any personal issue? Why don't you want a boyfriend?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Sounds very normal to me, better to live free as your own person that to be chained down in a relationship
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads