Psychology 9990: A NIGHTMARE.

Watch this thread
Manaal02
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys!

I'm a private candidate for CIE AS Level. I'm taking Psychology, history and Eng. Literature as my subjects. Among these, I'm finding Psychology most demanding and challenging. I googled up the core studies in order to find resources as I don't have a library nearby to reach out to the resource books required. I failed :/

Aside this, regarding notes and all, the only stuff I was able to find on the internet was related to Psychology 9698 (the previous syllabus) and I absolutely have zero guideline about what the heck am I supposed to do with this subject!!??

Having to do this subject on my own is already panicking me and I seriously have no idea about how to keep this up. Any suggestions???
Magdatrix >_<
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Can you fins the syllabus/specification to start with?

I tutor A-level psychology, happy to help If I can.
Manaal02
Rep:
(Original post by Magdatrix >_<)

Here's the CIE Psychology 9990 syllabus outline.
http://study.aliensservices.com/wp-c..._y18-20_sy.pdf
Please do suggest me if you've got any kinda ideas!
Magdatrix >_<
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Paper 1 - Approaches Issues and Debates, and Paper 2 - research methods, should both be good for finding resources. If you can't find a textbook specifically for the exam board, AQA ones cover these topics well. AQA doesn't cover the same "core studies" though, so this would be something to learn independently. If you use google scholar, you will be able to find at least the abstract of each one. Paste in the reference e.g.

Canli, T., Zhao, Z., Brewer, J., Gabrieli, J.D.E. and Cahill, L. (2000), Event-Related Activation in the Human Amygdala Associates with Later Memory for Individual Emotional Experience. The Journal of Neuroscience. 20, RC99

Often you will be able to see free PDF versions (look on the right side, e.g. [PDF] researchgate net)

If you get the full articles, remember these are journal articles and way beyond the level of detail you're expected to remember. So read through and make yourself a set of summary points, e.g. background/aim, method, ethical issues (if applicable), results, conclusion, strengths & weaknesses - as these would be the points you're expected to know.
Manaal02
Rep:
Paper 1 - Approaches Issues and Debates, and Paper 2 - research methods, should both be good for finding resources. If you can't find a textbook specifically for the exam board, AQA ones cover these topics well. AQA doesn't cover the same "core studies" though, so this would be something to learn independently. If you use google scholar, you will be able to find at least the abstract of each one. Paste in the reference e.g.

Canli, T., Zhao, Z., Brewer, J., Gabrieli, J.D.E. and Cahill, L. (2000), Event-Related Activation in the Human Amygdala Associates with Later Memory for Individual Emotional Experience. The Journal of Neuroscience. 20, RC99

Often you will be able to see free PDF versions (look on the right side, e.g. [PDF] researchgate net)

If you get the full articles, remember these are journal articles and way beyond the level of detail you're expected to remember. So read through and make yourself a set of summary points, e.g. background/aim, method, ethical issues (if applicable), results, conclusion, strengths & weaknesses - as these would be the points you're expected to know.
GOSH! Thank You So much..
One more thing please if you can..
Are there any more resources available as I don't have access to a library and it seems downright uncomfortable just to rely on the info regarding the core studies provided by the CIE endorsed Psych coursebook.
leechinke
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

Would you mind if I could get a little help please? Please message me
_Poseidon_
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
All of my notes come from Simply Psychology the website. Just use it for as many studies as you can find
nakiyah
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
hey guys any tips for a2 organizational & consumer behavior spec of the syllabus, there are barely any resources and i have no clue how to answer questions!
Crez123
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nakiyah)
hey guys any tips for a2 organizational & consumer behavior spec of the syllabus, there are barely any resources and i have no clue how to answer questions!
Hi, I'm also doing organisations and consumer behavior. Idk if my teacher was being clear but do we need to memorise the dates of the studies? Like Ley 1988.. the dates of exactly when they took place?
Kim J
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Crez123)
Hi, I'm also doing organisations and consumer behavior. Idk if my teacher was being clear but do we need to memorise the dates of the studies? Like Ley 1988.. the dates of exactly when they took place?
Im doing organizations and abnormality... if anyone knows any good resources please help i can barely find any
Urvashi ldr
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I’m doing psychology and consumer behaviour and organization
Kim J
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Crez123)
nah no need to memorize dates, but please memorize names of who conducted what study
sanaakhatri13
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
me too do u wanna study together or we can help each other out . I will be giving my exams in feb march
sanaakhatri13
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by sanaakhatri13)
me too do u wanna study together or we can help each other out . I will be giving my exams in feb march
(Original post by Kim J)
Im doing organizations and abnormality... if anyone knows any good resources please help i can barely find any
hey same here im too doing organization and abnormality we can help each other out or maybe even study together if u dont mind
Kim J
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sanaakhatri13)
hey same here im too doing organization and abnormality we can help each other out or maybe even study together if u dont mind
yeah sure pm me if you have any questions and we can help each other
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads