The Student Room Group

What do guys really think about paying on the first date?

Scroll to see replies

who cares its such a trivial thing

if the girl wants to pay be glad you didn't catch a golddigger.
Im very old fashioned! ill always pay!
Reply 82
Original post by Anonymous
If a Girl dosen't OFFer to pay, that implies she sees him as a walking bank. You can't in this day and age expect the guy to pay for no logical reason. What happens if the date goes bad, girl or guy go off eachother ? The Guy loses out time and money. The Girl only loses out time. That is unfair, 50/50. Why are girls so stingy to pay ? They expect the Guy to come to them, iniate contact, pay for first dates, propose to her. Entitlement at it's finest

Well i mean i did just say no girl should expect him to pay. (Which is better than offering since you can fake offer but not fake expect but kk)
It's also a sign of courtesy if you/girls offer to pay, as you get a boyfriend out of it ?

you're clearly a child who has yet to go on a date

possibly ugly and therefore unlikely to ever find a girl who will be interested in your in the foreseeable future

you can whine as much as you want online but its a well known fact that if the guy likes the girl and wants to see her again he pays for the first date. if he sits there expecting her to go halves or asks her to go halves chances are there won't be a second date. you can whine as much as you want but if you ever did meet the girl of your dreams and if she ever did agree to go on a date with you, we all know you ain't gonna risk ****ing it up with her so you'll probably offer to pay for the first date.

so hush up, annoying little boy

possibly ugly and therefore unlikely to ever find a girl who will be interested in your in the foreseeable future

you can whine as much as you want online but its a well known fact that if the guy likes the girl and wants to see her again he pays for the first date. if he sits there expecting her to go halves or asks her to go halves chances are there won't be a second date. you can whine as much as you want but if you ever did meet the girl of your dreams and if she ever did agree to go on a date with you, we all know you ain't gonna risk ****ing it up with her so you'll probably offer to pay for the first date.

I'm not the person you were replying to/insulting.

However, whilst the bit I've put in bold is clearly factually correct, it is also a completely sexist expectation.

It would be completely unacceptable for a man to expect a woman to stay in the kitchen all the time, so it should be equally unacceptable for a woman to expect a man to pay for a date simply because of his genitals.

So why are sexist expectations acceptable to apply to men, but not women?

Oh look a Girl who's escaped the kitchen and probably relies on lip filler and make up to hide her inefficiencies. I agree i would pay the date for a hot girl i like, but then i will also DEMAND sex after i pay. I knows girls like you are glorified Prostitiues, so you need paying and looking after, i will pay but i will expect a service after dinner, AKA- you opening your legs, how i want it and when i want it, like the majority of boys would, you're are sex toys darling, always have been and always will be, Girls were put on this world to service me, so hey, a couple of pounds is nothing

It's not my fault your poor and living on benefits judging by your statements, that you cannot even afford to pay for the food that goes in your mouth. But don't worry, that's what your prince charming is for. I'll pay and you WILL be opening your legs for me.
I'm not the person you were replying to/insulting.

However, whilst the bit I've put in bold is clearly factually correct, it is also a completely sexist expectation.

It would be completely unacceptable for a man to expect a woman to stay in the kitchen all the time, so it should be equally unacceptable for a woman to expect a man to pay for a date simply because of his genitals.

So why are sexist expectations acceptable to apply to men, but not women?

Cos the game is rigged bro. Femnisim is a misandrist ideology. And that whore who commented is a example of it. They complain about gender pay gap, men didn't allow women to have their own money etc. Then when you actually expect them to pay their own way, for the food that goes in their mouth, they go beserk

There is a reason why Girls are treated like dirt in a lot of cases. Because they deserve and ask for it.
Reply 87

LMFAO. Your probably the type of girl who relies on foodbanks when your not out looking for free food from Boys. Are you that poor, you can't afford a decent meal ? Jeez, I hate Cheap, broke skets like you. I agree with the other guy, i would pay for a HOT girl, but you're opening your legs on that same night or you're going to regret making me pay.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by tsranonymous
Just curious because as a girl I have such a strong opinion about this as I do with everything lol. I know some men/boys feel emasculated if the girl was to pay.

I wouldn’t mind. The trick is to date a girl who’ll date you.
Original post by STw67
LMFAO. Your probably the type of girl who relies on foodbanks when your not out looking for free food from Boys. Are you that poor, you can't afford a decent meal ? Jeez, I hate Cheap, broke skets like you. I agree with the other guy, i would pay for a HOT girl, but you're opening your legs on that same night or you're going to regret making me pay.

and this ladies and gentlemen is the mentality of your average beta incel.
Original post by yungaheartz

If she can't afford to put food in her OWN Mouth, how do i know she's not some cheap hooker from the streets ? How do i know she won't be leeching off me ? And with marriage and courts these days massively in favour of women, any man would be deluded to get married ?
Find a girl you like, compliment her (cos they love that), get her into my bed and then once i'm finished with her, you're out and i find a upgrade. This is a Man of 2018- I don't know what year your living in.

lol yeh totally getting elliot roger signs from all the whiners on here
probs why they are on anonymous
If she can't afford to put food in her OWN Mouth, how do i know she's not some cheap hooker from the streets ? How do i know she won't be leeching off me ? And with marriage and courts these days massively in favour of women, any man would be deluded to get married ?
Find a girl you like, compliment her (cos they love that), get her into my bed and then once i'm finished with her, you're out and i find a upgrade. This is a Man of 2018- I don't know what year your living in.

I’m living in 2018 and you my friend are what they call a ****.
Reply 93

I am not paying if I don't get sex. I'm not meeting up with a girl so i can provide her with free food. I am their to get in your pants. If that makes me "beta" or "incel" I couldn't care less what you think

your sitting here crying about having to treat a girl to a meal (like most ALPHA men are able to do without complaining) yet you have the nerve to say she can't 'afford' to put food in her mouth. believe me most 21st century women are more than capable of paying for their own meal. its called chivlary, something your own father neglected to teach you about (most likely because hes spent his life sponging off the welfare state i'm guessing). enjoy being forever single. us pretty girls aren't going to worry about what you betas think
Reply 95
Original post by angeleqqque
lol yeh totally getting elliot roger signs from all the whiners on here
probs why they are on anonymous

Why do Girls think they are entitled to a free meal(s) because of what's between their legs ? Honest question, why do you work, if you don't want to pay for what food goes in your stomach ? Again I don't like cheap girls. If you can't afford to pay for your own meal, i worry about other things, like can you even afford clothes etc
Original post by STw67
I am not paying if I don't get sex. I'm not meeting up with a girl so i can provide her with free food. I am their to get in your pants. If that makes me "beta" or "incel" I couldn't care less what you think

so you're the type of guy who only pays for sex?
cool, got it
gotta commend you on your honesty I suppose, not many guys willing to do that. nor are many of them willing to accept their beta incel status.
Original post by angeleqqque
your sitting here crying about having to treat a girl to a meal (like most ALPHA men are able to do without complaining) yet you have the nerve to say she can't 'afford' to put food in her mouth. believe me most 21st century women are more than capable of paying for their own meal. its called chivlary, something your own father neglected to teach you about (most likely because hes spent his life sponging off the welfare state i'm guessing). enjoy being forever single. us pretty girls aren't going to worry about what you betas think

On an unrelated note, how attractive would a guy need to be for you to date him?
so you're the type of guy who only pays for sex?
cool, got it
gotta commend you on your honesty I suppose, not many guys willing to do that. nor are many of them willing to accept their beta incel status.

You still haven't answered my question, why do girls think they are entitled to free dates/meals ? Can i expect them to be housemaids and doing the cooking and cleaning ? That is a well known fact.
as I have mentioned a multiple times my type is the dominant type. I really like a dominant girl and this often leads to changes in steriotypical dynamics.
I usually go to pay first and if the girl says something let her pay whatever she wants to pay. I am the submissive so service obedience and etc are expected. sometimes it has happened a few times the girl insists on paying I dont like this so much but I have to accept if I want the honour of serving a dominatrix goddess I have to accept her rule and follow what she says.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending