The Student Room Group

question about uni courses

(sorry if this is in the wrong section, i didn't know where to post it)

hellooo, so i've decided to stick with media for btec l2 and l3, i'm not going to go to uni straight after college because thats 3/4.5 years of sixth form i've done, then however long uni courses last for, so i'm going to take a year or so's break from studies.

in the mean time i wanted to find out if, say i have an interest in astronomy/planetary but not physics and science is there a way a university course would accept me if i hadn't done any prier studies for either courses?

i'm wanting to do something other than business/IT/media/art related for uni and something that i'm really wanting to do or sounds interesting to me. any suggestions would be helpful! (bc there's too many to choose from and i wouldn't know where to start)

i don't need to study business to have my own, in level 3 we get to decide what we can choose to do for our units so i'm going to ask if i can possibly do more business units (we have one next year) and maybe a couple IT ones so i've got those as well as art etc.
For what you mention, I doubt any uni course would admit you without at least a B/C in A level maths.

However many courses don't have specific requirements, and/or may just use UCAS tariff instead of grades.

Put a couple of your interests in here and see what comes up and look at the entry requirements section.

https://university.which.co.uk/

:smile:
You can do a foundation year of science course I believe,?and if you pass you can go on to study a full science undergraduate course
Reply 3
Original post by Vivi2018
You can do a foundation year of science course I believe,?and if you pass you can go on to study a full science undergraduate course

but you still dont have to have done some kind of science course already for that in high school/sixth form? hmm maybe its something to consider

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending