The Student Room Group

Melania: I really don't care

Madam First Lady Melania of the United States of America, national treasure of the Republic of Slovenia wore a jacket that says "I really don't care, do u" on her visit to the Latino children concentration camps in Texas.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44570688

His Excellency The President Donald Trump, Commander-in-Cheese had this to tweet:

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump“I REALLY DON’T CARE, DO U?” written on the back of Melania’s jacket, refers to the Fake News Media. Melania has learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares!4:51 PM - Jun 21, 2018

Scroll to see replies

I'm not really outraged by what the Trumps say and do anymore, these things aren't errors of judgement, it's who they are, they really don't care except about their egos.
This is the current climate, doubling down works, being nice does not.
the latter days of Nero's reign must have been like this

:emo:
She can't possibly mean she doesn't care about the children, can she?
Original post by the bear
the latter days of Nero's reign must have been like this

:emo:

I like to think he's more of an Elagabulus. Perhaps he will come to a similar end as the Roman golden boy-turned-decadent. Although there's also more than a touch of the Caligulas about him.
Original post by SpongebobSwag
She can't possibly mean she doesn't care about the children, can she?

It's such a bizarre thing, but in their twisted Trumpite universe, I actually think this was a deliberate attempt to mollify the Trump base that they don't mean it, whilst pretending to be all concerned about the pwooar liddle kiddies, awwww, for the howible libewal media camewas.

Next: Trump decides to kill the firstborn, whilst Melania reads from the Bible and Ivanka does a cookery class.
Reply 7
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's such a bizarre thing, but in their twisted Trumpite universe, I actually think this was a deliberate attempt to mollify the Trump base that they don't mean it, whilst pretending to be all concerned about the pwooar liddle kiddies, awwww, for the howible libewal media camewas.

Next: Trump decides to kill the firstborn, whilst Melania reads from the Bible and Ivanka does a cookery class.

That suggests an element of intelligence in their thinking, a pre-meditated thought process. I don't buy that they're capable of that.

I just think they're stupid.

In a couple of days a low level staffer of the First Lady's will get moved on and that'll be the end of it.
Which Michelle Obama speech did she get the qoute from?
Reply 9
Just another day bro...
Original post by Drewski
That suggests an element of intelligence in their thinking, a pre-meditated thought process. I don't buy that they're capable of that.

I just think they're stupid.

In a couple of days a low level staffer of the First Lady's will get moved on and that'll be the end of it.

I wonder. I think it's always tempting to think that Trump and the Trumps are just plain dumb. However, I suspect there's always a bit more animal cunning and mendacious scheming than meets the eye. Trump has been skilled at playing to the lowest bases and manipulating them and the family has a feel for power and money that means they always place their own interests first.

If we just look at the clothes thing, the First Lady has about a dozen people taking care of her wardrobe and working with her on what to wear, so it's a huge stretch to think this was something random and unplanned.
Meh I think she's just screwing with everyone, I get the impression she might just not give a fk full stop.
That lady has the IQ of an omelette
You were rooting for him?? Uhm I’m not sure you used the right gif mate
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I wonder. I think it's always tempting to think that Trump and the Trumps are just plain dumb. However, I suspect there's always a bit more animal cunning and mendacious scheming than meets the eye. Trump has been skilled at playing to the lowest bases and manipulating them and the family has a feel for power and money that means they always place their own interests first.

If we just look at the clothes thing, the First Lady has about a dozen people taking care of her wardrobe and working with her on what to wear, so it's a huge stretch to think this was something random and unplanned.

It wasn't unplanned.

I think the comment wasn't directed at the children or the public. I think it was directed at President Trump. The fact that the President and his wife's staff haven't got their story straight between them; he suggesting it was a comment on fake news, her staff that it was of no political significance, speaks volumes.

Read the message as if Trump had attempted to dissuade his wife from going to Texas because he thought it would look weak and draw attention to his change of policy.

Then she is saying "I really don't care" to Trump's wishes. She is going to Texas anyway. "Do you?" isn't then about Trump's wishes regarding her visit. "Do you" is "do you, President Trump care about the children".

This is a marriage in trouble because fundamentally Melania is a decent individual who just wanted a rich play boy to fund her lifestyle. She never auditioned to be Lady Macbeth.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by The Champion.m4a
Madam First Lady Melania of the United States of America, national treasure of the Republic of Slovenia wore a jacket that says "I really don't care, do u" on her visit to the Latino children concentration camps in Texas.

That is not true. Fake news suck and so do the people that put them about.
Original post by zhog

Just so we're all on the same page, which bit of this story are you claiming is fake news?
Original post by zhog

Even Trump himself tweeted to confirm she did wear that. And of course three are photos.

But I do get that Trump himself often puts out fake news.
Original post by nulli tertius
It wasn't unplanned.

I think the comment wasn't directed at the children or the public. I think it was directed at President Trump. The fact that the President and his wife's staff haven't got their story straight between them; he suggesting it was a comment on fake news, her staff that it was of no political significance, speaks volumes.

Read the message as if Trump had attempted to dissuade his wife from going to Texas because he thought it would look weak and draw attention to his change of policy.

Then she is saying "I really don't care" to Trump's wishes. She is going to Texas anyway. "Do you?" isn't then about Trump's wishes regarding her visit. "Do you" is "do you, President Trump care about the children".

This is a marriage in trouble because fundamentally Melania is a decent individual who just wanted a rich play boy to fund her lifestyle. She never auditioned to be Lady Macbeth.

An interesting theory. The part I would struggle with is that she has that degree of freedom. So far, she has often seemed highly deferential to him (and there was even speculation in the Washington press corp that she was basically a captive), but then again, there was all that stuff about her having been furious (allegedly, according to the Wolff book, if you take that as a valid source) when he stopped treating the campaign as a PR stunt and started genuinely driving for the nomination.

Quick Reply

Latest