Will this wake the government up Watch

richard10012
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Siemens and Airbus have Both warmed about jobs cuts and moving production elsewhere if there is a no deal.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by richard10012)
Siemens and Airbus have Both warmed about jobs cuts and moving production elsewhere if there is a no deal.
I doubt it will change anything for the government. They don't want there to be no deal.. neither does the EU. Obviously both need to threaten and pretend that its an option, but anyone with an ounce of sense knows that its not a real option for either.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Surely warming about jobs is a good thing?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There isnt a government lol...its just an awkward group of people accepting EU terms.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What would you like them to do differently?
Not Happy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Only that it is a total hoax sabotaged by the EU to start with.

If i could link it i would Article 13 which is now in action prevents me from doing so without the articles writers consent.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Not Happy)
Only that it is a total hoax sabotaged by the EU to start with.
What's a hoax? Airbus basically only exists because of the EU. If it wasn't for the financial aid and preferential rates the company wouldn't be in business.
Not Happy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Drewski)
What's a hoax? Airbus basically only exists because of the EU. If it wasn't for the financial aid and preferential rates the company wouldn't be in business.
There was a meeting hours before with government officials and there was zero mention of brexit/ the trade deal, they actually believed Germany and France was trying to screw us- the article is in the express.

The one way street media also mention that BMW want clarification over our trade deal but did not mention after brexit that they are planning on having a plant here in the UK for a better trade deal with the USA.
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Weren't there a bunch of companies before the brexit vote warning of the same thing that went silent after the vote??

Seems a bit scaremongery to me. I've not read into it so who knows, but it's hard to believe that Airbus would move so much production out of the UK and cut so many jobs when the UK is such a massive aerospace market
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AstroNandos)
Seems a bit scaremongery to me. I've not read into it so who knows, but it's hard to believe that Airbus would move so much production out of the UK and cut so many jobs when the UK is such a massive aerospace market
Not hard to believe at all. The EU gives a lot of aid to Airbus to enable them to make things in 4 or 5 different places. There'll be factories in France, Germany, Spain and Italy all desperate to start building the wings that would have previously been made in Broughton.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
when the UK is such a massive aerospace market
But the UK is not such a massive aerospace market and like the rest of the world, the UK has the choice of Boeing or Airbus. Remember Boeing is agitating to put Bombadier in NI out of business.
richard10012
Rep:
?
So BMW, Siemens, airbus have been very vocal about jobs cuts if there is no deal. Four countries India, Canada, Japan and Us have lobbied and said sort out brexit or risk 100 billions of trade.

So why would EU give us a good deal when a lot of companies would move production and create jobs in the EU if there is a no deal.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Weren't there a bunch of companies before the brexit vote warning of the same thing that went silent after the vote??

Like which specifically?
richard10012
Rep:
?
I don’t want to be all doom and gloom but brexit is a massive thing.

Heathrow operator Ferrovial to move international HQ out of UK, will jobs go? Also I see in the news companies moving out of the U.K. but no companies want to move into the U.K. from the euro.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (139)
61.23%
No (88)
38.77%

Watched Threads