The Student Room Group

Brazil v Costa Rica

In the past Brazil would easily win this game but today I am not so sure.

Scroll to see replies

1-0

Let's just hope Neymar won't cry too much.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Rock Fan
In the past Brazil would easily win this game but today I am not so sure.

I agree, but I still think it’ll be a somewhat comfortable 1-0 victory.
Looking forward to tonight's games - get to cheer against brazil, and then for iceland.

My head says brazil 2-1, my heart says get a 1-1 and keep this tournement interesting. So far all the upsets have been great in this world cup, its made it all feel unpradictable and gives drama to every game. Imagine if germany, brazil, france, argentina, spain, etc. had all stomped their first game - far less fun.
Reply 4
Do any non-Chelsea fans here rate Willian? I really don’t understand how’s he’s starting for Brazil at the World Cup.
Original post by S.G.
Do any non-Chelsea fans here rate Willian? I really don’t understand how’s he’s starting for Brazil at the World Cup.

From my experience Chelsea fans are the ones that rate Willian the least?
Reply 6
Original post by Evil Homer

United fans are a mixed bag on this but you probably right that we rate him the least.

Doesn't help when hazard is on the other side.
Reply 7
Original post by Evil Homer

I know. I just want to know what non-Chelsea fans see in him, if they do rate him. In other words, why is he starting for Brazil at the World Cup?
Reply 8
Lol they need to stop this foul Neymar crap.
Reply 9
Original post by S.G.
I know. I just want to know what non-Chelsea fans see in him, if they do rate him. In other words, why is he starting for Brazil at the World Cup?

Always thought he is just a very functional winger.

Fairly quick without much in the way of end product and just works hard.

If he wasn’t Brazilian I don’t think anyone would have any interest in him in all honesty.
Reply 10
Yeah this is willian, I don't think he's any better than the likes of jesus navas.

Tbf to him this match the tactics clearly is to use the marcelo Neymar channel.

Lol at coutinho. Man this guy just lives for long shots.
Reply 11
Maybe it's a functionality thing. Willian obviously the work hard winger who stretches the play(compared to Costa who goes 1 vs 1) like e.g. While Neymar is the tricky one who likes to go infield.
Reply 12
****ing lol at Willian's shot too.
Reply 13
Literally no big team has made a mark yet.
Boring af match.

Mad how the only teams that look good are Russia and Croatia so far.
Reply 15
Hazard world class against Atlético after 4-5 months out but Neymar is being excused against Costa Rica.
Reply 16
I’ve only managed to get the match on at half time and has Neymar had a haircut?
Reply 17
Willian off thank God.
Reply 18
Neymar should be booked for that challenge. Deliberately trying to take the keeper out.
Reply 19
Why was the referee so overdramatic then :rofl:

Looked like he was about to smash the Costa Rican player taking the throw in.

Quick Reply

Latest