Ocr A level chemistry and Biology? Hows it like?

Watch
reinaadira
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Heya,

I'm going to do Chemistry, Biology and Geography for A level in September I believe. Maybe a fourth but it depends nearer the time.

The sixth form I'm going to does Ocr A for a level biology and chemistry and I was wondering how is it like? The reason why I'm asking is because at GCSE our school made set 1 do OCR for science and everyone else do AQA because the question styles are easier. (our teachers said that). Which does make sense as AQA has higher grade boundaries anyway as people do better (I checked the website for the separate sciences)

Tbh I quite like OCR B Salter's spec but oh well
asayeet
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Its pretty cancerous, Chem is hard and very academic, whereas bio is relatively easier in terms of concepts, but there's just so much to learn which is where the difficulty lies. Also the questions they ask in bio are really weird and hard to answer and there isn't (at least for us) a lot of past papers to learn from.
- Just done a levels with bio and chem
reinaadira
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
dp
(Original post by asayeet)
Its pretty cancerous, Chem is hard and very academic, whereas bio is relatively easier in terms of concepts, but there's just so much to learn which is where the difficulty lies. Also the questions they ask in bio are really weird and hard to answer and there isn't (at least for us) a lot of past papers to learn from.
- Just done a levels with bio and chem

I like Chemistry at GCSE but I'm so scared for A-Level as it just looks too hard but nearly all Medicine degrees want it so oh well

Ohh I see yeah i understand that, our paper 1 for gcse biology (ocr gateway) everyone found it hard and the corpus luteum (not on our spec) came up?

What other a level did you do? I'm just so worried for it really
asayeet
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by reinaadira)
dp

I like Chemistry at GCSE but I'm so scared for A-Level as it just looks too hard but nearly all Medicine degrees want it so oh well

Ohh I see yeah i understand that, our paper 1 for gcse biology (ocr gateway) everyone found it hard and the corpus luteum (not on our spec) came up?

What other a level did you do? I'm just so worried for it really
I did maths and philosophy - yeah they have a habit of putting stuff not on the spec but it counts as 'applied' knowledge?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (191)
59.87%
No (70)
21.94%
Not sure (58)
18.18%

Watched Threads