The Student Room Group

Doing a psychology degree but confused on what to do after graduation

Hi,

I am studying psychology and I am going to start a placement in September working with children with special needs. I know I'll gain transferrable skills by doing this placement. I hoped by doing the degree I would know the specific area I am interested as I studied psychology at a-level. I have spoken to my university careers and they said to keep my options open and not to put too much pressure on myself.

Apart from the obvious roles such as a clinical psychologist or teaching etc, I am not really aware of other roles. I have researched into the different sectors to help get more of an understanding. I am unsure on what roles there are in each sector and how to go about researching them. I feel like I am limiting myself by not looking at roles outside of psychology such as HR. I don't know where to look or what to look for.

I do know that I helping people. If anyone has any idea where I could also volunteer or gain experience, also let me know please.

I am interested in a 3 areas of psychology are

- Speech and language
- Forensic psychology
- Clinical psychology

If anyone has an idea where I can begin researching these roles, let me know or if you know of any roles within and outside of psychology. If you are currently studying or has recently graduated, just let me know what you're doing or are looking at doing.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm so confused on what to do:curious:
Reply 1
You could do a PhD and go into research. Occupational therapy is also a good one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending