username3835030
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have chosen the theme 'opposites attract' for my art theme for the next term, any ideas what I can do within that? I have so far thought of things like young and old, light and dark, north and south.
tom.williams121
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I’m no artist but how about doing something that involves making things that happen/have happened such as historical events, or roles or people in society and make it the opposite?

So like you could have a look at gender roles in old adverts and make them the opposite. You could take moments from history and make as many opposites put of them as possible

I suppose I’m clutching at straws with the idea but you could probably build on it in some way. As I say, I’m not an artist so my ideas are generally crap
gluttonyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Research, research artists that have done this in their work and find examples of it. Pick out ideas from them and experiment. You'll then start to develop ideas more easily.
rcartist
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Any ideas for the art theme of 'Young and Old' ? I was thinking about portraying how there are complete differences (such as one's beauty, affects of ageing, materials used, emotions,experiences/ situations they go through ect.) yet also striking similarities between the life and death/ young and older age of a person ( the feeling of complete helplessness, perhaps isolation, joy/ satisfaction / lack of worries in life) and how through the different stages of life these differences just grow but then by a certain age disappear - and how it usually takes a lifetime for this to occur. I would like to create realistic portraits and convey the different emotions experienced -eg. happiness and joy as a child yet also after a lifetime of achievements / isolation and nostalgia , and maybe capture images showing things from a their perspective or a child's point of view/ introducing a new perspective (like visualising the thinking process in a child's brain ) to make evident the fact that young and older people are often misunderstood. Does this sound reasonable or should I just trash the whole thing? Any ideas on how I can incorporate images of still life into this project? Any advice would be great, thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (19)
28.36%
As I expected (20)
29.85%
Harder (25)
37.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.48%

Watched Threads