Uni Youtube channel, I need money :( Watch

abbisfreshtips
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey,
So I just started a youtube series (abbisfreshtips) about university life, tips and tricks. Im struggling to get views and subscribers. I wont lie part of my motivation is money... were students the more we can get the better, am I right?
So I was wondering where you think would be best for me to promote my series where mainly uni students will see it? I have the campus society app, I post on there, I have a twitter page I post on there, same with facebook and wordpress.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Ive attached a video link just so you can get an idea of what its like.

Thanks.

https://youtu.be/KMa2Z3gMCMM
esralled
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're better off getting an actual job. No one makes money off of YouTube going full time straight from the beginning.

I would say that not many people are going to watch a video almost 20 minutes long. I know they need to be 10 minutes for the ad revenue, but 18 minutes is a stretch.
shellop
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
in order to get views you're supposed to go around inviting people to watch your vid on other peoples channels.
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If your motivation on YouTube is to make money then it's probably better to find a better way of making money. It's not at all sustainable to upload videos unless you are passionate about it rather than being motivated by money. You're also going to be waiting a long time before you see any returns, by which point you'll have probably graduated. Combined with YouTube being such a saturated market, it's really not feasible to expect to make money from this.

If you want money, you'll need to find a better way of making it. Beyond that though, good luck with the channel, if you keep at it you will grow slowly. Considering you've only been on YT for a week and you're already sitting at nearly 50 subs and a few hundred views, you current model is working. It just takes time. Don't expect to be sat at thousands of subs after a week.
Pizza32
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I need money too
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You'll need more engaging videos than that is you want to make money from YouTube.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.12%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (390)
56.93%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.01%

Watched Threads