As.1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can someone please explain this statement below? Why can such an assumption be made?

If someone is considered the father of plastic surgery, then we can say they are likely to be involved in creating plastic surgery.
username3694440
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The 'father' of something is just an expression used to talk about someone being involved in founding or creating something. For example, some people might call Mendel the father of modern genetics ( because he was the first one to do proper experiments about the subject). Basically its saying that the father of plastic surgery is the person who first used it/created it- it's just an expression.

Hope that helps and good luck with your ukcat
As.1997
Rep:
?
(Original post by hello2906)
The 'father' of something is just an expression used to talk about someone being involved in founding or creating something. For example, some people might call Mendel the father of modern genetics ( because he was the first one to do proper experiments about the subject). Basically its saying that the father of plastic surgery is the person who first used it/created it- it's just an expression.

Hope that helps and good luck with your ukcat
Beast explanation. Thank you.
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by As.1997)
Can someone please explain this statement below? Why can such an assumption be made?

If someone is considered the father of plastic surgery, then we can say they are likely to be involved in creating plastic surgery.
It's a lot easier to explain if you give us the options available as an answer - otherwise it's a free response question which has a large variety of answers, a lot of which probably won't be of use to you
As.1997
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kyber Ninja)
It's a lot easier to explain if you give us the options available as an answer - otherwise it's a free response question which has a large variety of answers, a lot of which probably won't be of use to you
I want to upload the print screen but it's not allowing me to do so. Although, I do agree with what you are saying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.08%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
23.85%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (58)
44.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.08%

Watched Threads