The Student Room Group

Have you ever thought about dropping out of uni?

Poll

Have you ever seriously considered dropping out of uni?

Are you a current student considering dropping out of university?

Or maybe you're a new student planning to start in September, but aren’t sure whether the uni or course is right for you?

If so, a freelancer working with BBC Radio One would like to speak to you.

If you're interested in sharing your story and getting involved, you must be...

* A UK-based student (or applicant),
* Willing to be interviewed in person for radio (audio only)
* Free around mid-August for an interview.

Send me a PM if you'd like to get involved! :h:

Scroll to see replies

damn its all go with the bbc today
I did drop out of uni.

Today, even though I went back to uni and studied a different course, I regret it. It was wasted time and money. You're better off soldiering through and finishing it.
Reply 3
Original post by Michael Rosen
damn its all go with the bbc today

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Yes, frequently, uni is a hard place to be with bad mental health.
However have decided not to as I need he structure and routine that uni gives and am not sure what I would do if I did drop out
Yup and eventually I did. Best decision I ever made (after spending way too long agonising about it)
Some people are just weak minded snowflakes and don't have what it takes to cope with 3 years of study.

That's just how the world works, stop wasting the license fee on stupid subjects.
I dropped out of my first year of uni a few months ago.
Many times.. especially when I'm going through a hard time mentally

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Dragonfly07
I did drop out of uni.

Today, even though I went back to uni and studied a different course, I regret it. It was wasted time and money. You're better off soldiering through and finishing it.

I dropped out in order to change courses too but I don't regret it. The process was a pain and I wished I went with my gut instinct initially but I see it as a life lesson now.
Anyone wanna order me some Chinese?
No. I never saw it as a possibility.
Reply 12
Dropped out after a month when I was 18, no regrets. Went back at 23, stayed through to PhD level. No regrets at all.
Never thought of dropping out. Two heart attacks, mental health issues, just kept going. Finished my degree this year.
I dropped out 2nd year in April :biggrin:

Largely due to my mum falling seriously ill and the commute but it was almost a blessing in disguise, I was struggling pretty bad and was already in a 'I'll be in over the holidays' situation for my graded unit and the like, crap circumstances as it was it felt so liberating just to eject that whole routine and stress from my life for a while, it was too much. Need to make decision by Friday if I want to finish it this year coming and still on the fence.

(Commute was a serious killer, Glasgow - Edinburgh, so was up at 5am and home about 8/9pm, put me at a serious disadvantage to Edinburgh students :frown: )
(edited 5 years ago)
I think about it every day but know it can never happen because of my Pakistani parents. I'm either going to have to try and soldier through another 3/4 years or keep going until I fail.
Original post by gjd800
Dropped out after a month when I was 18, no regrets. Went back at 23, stayed through to PhD level. No regrets at all.

What made you drop out when you were 18? What was different the second time round and what did you do in the 5 year gap you had between uni? Sorry for bombarding you with questions I'm just really interested.
I dropped out of my first degree during Honours year after six months of medical leave due to mental health issues. Still left with an ordinary degree. Do not regret the decision.

Every few months I consider if I should leave my current degree... I fight through it.
Nearly.

But my career would be down the drain if I did. Back to being a NEET at my parents home. nty

Only 1.5 years left
Dropped out twice because of mental health issues, chronic unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest