Bob the fish 101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I would just like to know if anyone has any revision tips for revising for a paper 1 mock exam. The topics are:
Social influence
Memory
Attachment
Psychopathology
Any help would be much appreciated 😀😀
yaspog
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do the Edexcel specification so not all topics are the same but what I find helpful is
1) go through all my notes and condense them
2) write them up onto posters
3) wait a couple days then go through the posters and highlight them
4) wait another day then stick them up

By doing this, I keep reinforcing the information in my head and allowing time for it to soak in to avoid cramming.
Once I've covered all the content I will go through past papers

hope this helped a bit as I guess everyone works differently. I also find drawing pictures to associate certain topics and words help
Bob the fish 101
Rep:
?
Thankyou that has really helped
T.J.A
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If Psychopathology is on paper one I'm guessing it's an A level paper and not an AS paper right? In that case it's important to go over your essay writing in order to get top marks on the 16 mark question(s).
I'd say the most important thing to remember is evaluation, make sure you have around 4 evaluation points you can use for any essay topic, things such as a lack of ecological validity can be used for a large amount of essay topics so it's also important to remember them.
Last thing, make sure you revise everything in research methods as well as you're likely to get some research methods questions in at least one, more likely 2, of the subject areas.
Good luck.
Bob the fish 101
Rep:
?
(Original post by T.J.A)
If Psychopathology is on paper one I'm guessing it's an A level paper and not an AS paper right? In that case it's important to go over your essay writing in order to get top marks on the 16 mark question(s).
I'd say the most important thing to remember is evaluation, make sure you have around 4 evaluation points you can use for any essay topic, things such as a lack of ecological validity can be used for a large amount of essay topics so it's also important to remember them.
Last thing, make sure you revise everything in research methods as well as you're likely to get some research methods questions in at least one, more likely 2, of the subject areas.
Good luck.
Thankyou and yes it is an a level paper 😀😀
seruzachan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Use the exam questions to practise with from this website https://alevelsresources424893.wordp...and-year-2-a2/
Samiik
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/astud...y-a-level/amp/

https://samsendshelp.wixsite.com/alevelpsychandecon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (107)
63.69%
I don't have everything I need (61)
36.31%

Watched Threads