The Student Room Group

2018 paper mark schemes?

When do teachers get access to mark schemes? We were supposed to do the 2018 paper for physics for our mock but we're not because the mark scheme is apparently available in September but my maths teacher said the mark schemes for maths are released july? I'm confused why the mark schemes are even released this late. Im doing Aqa chem and physics and edexcel maths.
Reply 1
I think they are only released to teachers, because most schools use the June GCSE papers as November mocks so they don't want the mark scheme getting out
Original post by Juliaxxee
When do teachers get access to mark schemes? We were supposed to do the 2018 paper for physics for our mock but we're not because the mark scheme is apparently available in September but my maths teacher said the mark schemes for maths are released july? I'm confused why the mark schemes are even released this late. Im doing Aqa chem and physics and edexcel maths.

Official marks schemes appear at different times depending on the examiner. Mark schemes go through a rigorous review process during the marking period to ensure they accurate and complete. EDEXCEL usually release them to teachers in July. Other examiners wait until results. Both AQA and EDEXCEL have produced mark schemes for A level Maths in recent weeks to support use of the first live papers as year 12 mocks. This is a unique situation and has only been done because maths switched to the new specification this year.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest