The Student Room Group

Good Maths courses in clearing with A*BB?

My insurance choice is Bristol at AAB, and I think I've got A*BB in Maths, Further Maths, and Computer Science. What are the best universities that are likely available to apply to in clearing for maths? I've been looking at Southampton but their requirements are AAA, are these likely to be lowered for clearing?
Liverpool are likely to be in it. It is difficult to know whether someone like Sheffield or Cardiff would allow that in clearing. Otherwise maybe Reading, Royal Holloway, Queen Mary, Kent, Swansea or Sussex might be in clearing around those grades
Original post by MurphyLikesMaths
My insurance choice is Bristol at AAB, and I think I've got A*BB in Maths, Further Maths, and Computer Science. What are the best universities that are likely available to apply to in clearing for maths? I've been looking at Southampton but their requirements are AAA, are these likely to be lowered for clearing?

Out of curiosity, have Bristol given you an offer for BSc Mathematics of AAB? They've given me an offer for at course but at A*AA...
Surrey?
Original post by MathsPhysMind
Out of curiosity, have Bristol given you an offer for BSc Mathematics of AAB? They've given me an offer for at course but at A*AA...

Bristol make different offers. Yours is the nomal offer and AAB is the contextual offer if you meet certain conditions.
Original post by MurphyLikesMaths

Clearing requirements are sometimes lower, sometimes not. They can also change after a couple of days.

Last year in clearing were (among others):

Cardiff
City
UEA
Essex
Exeter
Hull
Keele
Kent
King's
Lancaster
Leeds