The Student Room Group

Year10 Exams Revision

Ive got my end of year exam next week and need a easy way to revise writing notes/flash cards dont work so I need another way plz help
What subject may I ask?? It would help narrow down a specific method.
Mostly english its understanding the poems and comparing two the antholigy
If you are feeling confident with your knowledge which you will be tested on then definitely go ahead and use practise papers.

If not, find resources such as textbooks and practise questions from the textbooks. Look at worked solutions. If you want to write notes- draw mindmaps or boxes with information on A3 sheets and perhaps condense a topic into one a4 page.
Thank you this will definetly help me out
Original post by morganharris555

Aha I see, look online for resources definitely and select small but meaningful quotes that overlap with many themes. The trick is that you should study all poems quite generally and focus on 6 or 7 in more depth that can be combined with any other poem.

Mr Bruff on YouTube is fantastic for understanding poems and model examples are explained too.
https://senecalearning.com is great and it has loads of subjects for every exam boards on it! i would recommend :yep:
Tux
Thx*
Original post by morganharris555

Quizlet is a lifesaver when it comes to revising quotes! Alternatively, you could get your family to test you and correct you until you get them right every time. I would write down an outline of how you're going to structure your answers and be tested on that too, and then maybe do some practise questions or jot down the main points you would make if you were given certain poems. Also you could practise analysing quotes. Pick a few quotes and annotate different analysis points around them. If you need help understanding the poems, try searching it on google or youtube. There are lots of good resources and videos out there analysing poems!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending