The Student Room Group

Hate where i live

I live in a non detatchedvhouse and the problem is I can hear my ****ing annoying neighbours and their stupid kid they even wake us up thats how loud they are and we dont get along and i think they even chucked something at our window and there are even men who talk really loudly simetomes till like 3 am on the streets and i hate it but my parents say we cant afford to move what can i do
Buy some earplugs for night and some sound canceling headphones for the day.
Original post by Pisces42
I live in a non detatchedvhouse and the problem is I can hear my ****ing annoying neighbours and their stupid kid they even wake us up thats how loud they are and we dont get along and i think they even chucked something at our window and there are even men who talk really loudly simetomes till like 3 am on the streets and i hate it but my parents say we cant afford to move what can i do

Use this to motivate u to do well at school so when ur older u can live where ever u want. Maybe go over to theres one day and calmly tell them how u feel
Original post by Benjy_AFC
Use this to motivate u to do well at school so when ur older u can live where ever u want. Maybe go over to theres one day and calmly tell them how u feel

Our neighbours hate us and those guys who talk loud are drug dealers and perverts
Reply 4
Original post by Pisces42
Our neighbours hate us and those guys who talk loud are drug dealers and perverts

anon tip to the police if its really bothering you
I used to live in a trashy house similar to yours. I'd be up late every night just listening to screaming and shouting, occasionally police sirens. I sympathise as it took my dad 2 years to be convinced that we couldn't stay in that house any longer.

Original post by sonny.jim
Buy some earplugs for night and some sound canceling headphones for the day.

this ^ is probably the best advice

In the long term there's probably someone you can speak to - your teachers, your landlord, anyone. Keep a diary and then get emergency advice? Although that could be harmful who knows what they are capable of. Find places to go throughout the day to keep your mind off it and at night earplugs are so useful for blocking out everything.

Quick Reply