Quads Reputation Watch

nonbinaries
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I have a firmed offer to study Pharmacology at Bath in September (fingers crossed I get in) and I chose the Quads as my first choice for accomodation.
While talking to a friend who has just finished her first year at Bath, I was told that the Quads have a bad reputation for being the "posh kid" accomodation. I was also told people get made fun of for living in the Quads and stuff gets stolen from there for "points"
Is this true? I can't help to be worried about my choice now :/
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, it's worth asking in the accommodation thread if you ahven't seen it already :woo:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5310078
robininthewinds
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey there,

I just finished my first year at Bath. I lived in Eastwood.
During Freshers' week there was a bit of rowdiness towards the quads. I remember chants of 'F*** the quads' and yes, the occasional drunk person trying to steal the infamous quads beanbags.

However this definitely dies down after Freshers' week. I think it sounds more intimidating than it actually is. Think more like drunk rowdiness and immaturity rather than actual dislike for the quads. Whatever happens, it will be in the name of Freshers' fun and craziness, maybe you'll bond with your flatmates over it, and it definitely dies down after the first week.

The uni does also have an absolutely fantastic security team that are pretty much always on call. Give them a call (you'll be told the number when you come to uni), and they will come to your accomodation and sort out any unwanted rowdiness.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management, Science Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.82%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (397)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.08%

Watched Threads