The Student Room Group

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Let me guess. These degrees are all essay based or considered "Mickey mouse" degrees, right?
Original post by 3pointonefour
Let me guess. These degrees are all essay based or considered "Mickey mouse" degrees, right?

As much as I enjoy maths, difficulty is subjective. I mean, some people would find the humanities or these "Mickey mouse" degrees much harder than further maths. I feel like this thread was created solely to be condescending toward those taking the aforementioned degrees. But meh, further maths is easy anyways *shrugs*
Art for someone who is shite at art

Maths for someone who is shite at maths

English for someone who is shite at english

etc etc

hardness is entirely subjective and threads like this have been done to death by people with STEM superiority complexes
Original post by 3pointonefour
As much as I enjoy maths, difficulty is subjective. I mean, some people would find the humanities or these "Mickey mouse" degrees much harder than further maths. I feel like this thread was created solely to be condescending toward those taking the aforementioned degrees. But meh, further maths is easy anyways *shrugs*

Original post by CoolCavy
Art for someone who is shite at art

Maths for someone who is shite at maths

English for someone who is shite at english

etc etc

hardness is entirely subjective and threads like this have been done to death by people with STEM superiority complexes

(edited 5 years ago)
lets be honest - you can get an a* if you just do a bunch of questions
Original post by johnny.snow
lets be honest - you can get an a* if you just do a bunch of questions

its still pretty easy - legit the only a level easier than further maths - is maths.
its still pretty easy - legit the only a level easier than further maths - is maths.

lol you think im trolling
lol you think im trolling

im bad at essays - business studies requires essays
In humanities you actually have to think for yourself and even plan your own lessons (as is the case with course such as design and art). With maths the formula is already there as is the method, all you have to do is follow it which if you are that way minded is easy.
Why even have this debate? It's pointless and futile, both areas are hard in their own right. What do stem snobs gain from it exactly.
I once met someone who was great at maths, FM and STEP came easy to him - but he had never read a novel and didn't know where Poland was. I kid you not. I expect he'd find a humanities degree extremely difficult.
Meme Studies
im bad at essays - business studies requires essays

Original post by CoolCavy
In humanities you actually have to think for yourself and even plan your own lessons (as is the case with course such as design and art). With maths the formula is already there as is the method, all you have to do is follow it which if you are that way minded is easy.
Why even have this debate? It's pointless and futile, both areas are hard in their own right. What do stem snobs gain from it exactly.

Quick Reply

Latest