username4008636
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How much of a chance is it for provisional university results to be different than the final results and when can this occur? Two people have already marked my work and I got my provisional results, however, is there a chance that the third and fourth person may mark it down?
Alan88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SA_20)
How much of a chance is it for provisional university results to be different than the final results and when can this occur? Two people have already marked my work and I got my provisional results, however, is there a chance that the third and fourth person may mark it down?
All marks are provisional until after the academic board, which usually happens a few times throughout the year.

I have never had any marks change - but it has happened to some people I know. For instance, someone on my course last week received a provisional mark of 40%. Following external examination, it has now been changed to 36% which means she has to resubmit it.
Jgradschool
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've only ever had my grades stay the same after moderation, bar one occasion where our internal marker went rogue and everyone's marks got bumped up by 10%

I'm waiting for the assessment board to meet and confirm my results but at the moment it looks like I'm sitting on some great marks. Hopefully, nothing changes.

Varies from uni to uni, department to department is my guess
username4008636
Rep:
?
My provisional results were given to me today and the final results will come up next month. Isn't that a bit strange? Why give provisional marks one month before the final ones? lol

(Original post by Alan88)
All marks are provisional until after the academic board, which usually happens a few times throughout the year.

I have never had any marks change - but it has happened to some people I know. For instance, someone on my course last week received a provisional mark of 40%. Following external examination, it has now been changed to 36% which means she has to resubmit it.
Alan88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SA_20)
My provisional results were given to me today and the final results will come up next month. Isn't that a bit strange? Why give provisional marks one month before the final ones? lol
It’s probably to do with your institution and the turn around required to provide you with written feedback. At my uni, they have 15 working days to provide students with feedback on their submissions.
username4008636
Rep:
?
Ahh I see. Makes sense. Thank you.
(Original post by Alan88)
It’s probably to do with your institution and the turn around required to provide you with written feedback. At my uni, they have 15 working days to provide students with feedback on their submissions.
username4008636
Rep:
?
Thank you. All the best with your results! Yeah hopefully nothing changes.
(Original post by Jgradschool)
I've only ever had my grades stay the same after moderation, bar one occasion where our internal marker went rogue and everyone's marks got bumped up by 10%

I'm waiting for the assessment board to meet and confirm my results but at the moment it looks like I'm sitting on some great marks. Hopefully, nothing changes.

Varies from uni to uni, department to department is my guess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (692)
33.79%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (873)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (391)
19.09%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.49%

Watched Threads