Sussex uni advice Watch

hollyeb3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am currently choosing on what to pick as my firm choice for uni. This is one of the two( the other is Royal Holloway)
Any Pros/Cons of the uni from students who go here or advice they would have like to have received before hand would be super helpful
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Vic Vinegar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hollyeb3)
I am currently choosing on what to pick as my firm choice for uni. This is one of the two( the other is Royal Holloway)
Any Pros/Cons of the uni from students who go here or advice they would have like to have received before hand would be super helpful
Hi,

I've just finished my second year at Sussex and personally I love it. All the staff are really friendly and there's always easy and unjudgemental support available whether you have a personal or academic problem. The uni is also extremely generous with its bursarys and scholarships as well as always having ample internships available or any other relevant experience based on your degree and interests. It really feels like the uni really goes out of its way to ensure everyone has an equal opportunity regardless of their background.

One thing I would say, even if you do get a travel bursary, is try and avoid public transport between campus and the city centre, as it is unreliable and extremely overpriced. Definitely try and cycle if you can.

In terms of accomodation, it depends whether you would like to be in the city centre or if you would like the traditional on-campus experience. Campus is definitely a bit of effort to get to so if you don't want to isolate yourself too much it might be easier to base yourself closer to town. However, campus is obviously a lot better in terms of getting to lectures on time.

Alternatively, Kings Road accomodation (where I stayed) combines the halls experience with the added benefit of being located on Brighton seafront rather than campus. I would definitely reccomend it.

If you have any other queries just let me know!
hollyeb3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi,
thank you so much for the advice it's super helpful
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Vic Vinegar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hollyeb3)
hi,
thank you so much for the advice it's super helpful
no worries! have you decided which uni to put yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (40)
50.63%
No (39)
49.37%

Watched Threads