Turn on thread page Beta

Am I overthinking it as always? watch

So, I recently got back with my ex and we are really good. We love each other a lot and things are going great. However, I am still in that phase of getting used to it if you know what I mean and we are both cautious.

So today we were talking about dogs and that she used to own one for like a week back in 2015 (we were together that time). Then I was like "Oh but you never told me you owned one lol" and she said "yeah, we were together back then when i used to own one haha".

Is that a way of indirectly telling me that she doesn't want to be with me or that we are not together at all now, or am I overthinking it as always?

ReputationRep:
    Either you've not explained this clearly at all, I'm seriously misunderstanding it, or you're overthinking this all too much that you might as well take apart your poetry and look for hidden meanings in your own words.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think you are overthinking things - isn't she just stating fact?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So, I recently got back with my ex and we are really good. We love each other a lot and things are going great. However, I am still in that phase of getting used to it if you know what I mean and we are both cautious.

So today we were talking about dogs and that she used to own one for like a week back in 2015 (we were together that time). Then I was like "Oh but you never told me you owned one lol" and she said "yeah, we were together back then when i used to own one haha".

Is that a way of indirectly telling me that she doesn't want to be with me or that we are not together at all now, or am I overthinking it as always?
    You see just go with the flow, and if it all doesn't fit in then don't waste time and leave.

But as of right now, you may be just over thinking

(Original post by sonny.jim)
    Either you've not explained this clearly at all, I'm seriously misunderstanding it, or you're overthinking this all too much that you might as well take apart your poetry and look for hidden meanings in your own words.
    Not sure what you are trying to say lol. Back then, in 2015 (we used to be together that time) she owned a dog for like a week something she never told me. So I told her about that and she said "yeah I know, we were together back then". We broke up in 2016 mid and got back 2 months ago.

Is it clearer now?

(Original post by cheesecakelove)
    I think you are overthinking things - isn't she just stating fact?
    I mean yeah, it is a fact, back then we were together (2015). Then we broke up in mid 2016 and got back few months ago.

I just don't know, maybe she was trying to tell me that she doesn't want to be with me or that we are together at all now, hence why she mentioned it, or is my mind playing games again?

I mean yeah, it is a fact, back then we were together (2015). Then we broke up in mid 2016 and got back few months ago.

I just don't know, maybe she was trying to tell me that she doesn't want to be with me or that we are together at all now, hence why she mentioned it, or is my mind playing games again?
    That we are not together**

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what you are trying to say lol. Back then, in 2015 (we used to be together that time) she owned a dog for like a week something she never told me. So I told her about that and she said "yeah I know, we were together back then". We broke up in 2016 mid and got back 2 months ago.

Is it clearer now?
    Yes, it's clearer. And yes, you're overthinking it. As advised earlier by someone else, go with the flow. If in time things just aren't clicking, then let her go. Just try not to spend your life overanalysing everything to the point where it no longer has any meaning. That's no way to live.

ReputationRep:

I really don't think she was saying any of those things at all. It was a lighthearted conversation. Please don't try to make it anything more than that or you'll tear yourself apart trying to figure it out. I wish you the very best.

(Original post by sonny.jim)
    I really don't think she was saying any of those things at all. It was a lighthearted conversation. Please don't try to make it anything more than that or you'll tear yourself apart trying to figure it out. I wish you the very best.
    I see, thanks for your time.

Can I get more opinions if possible?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.