Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend broke up with me on the last day of secondary school lol
    Do you think it’ll be easier to maintain a relationship with someone in college rather than now as everyone is maturer? Or is it harder
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It should, on average, in general be easier.
    The same will apply when you go to Uni.
    And the same again when you start working.

You will be more mature. The people you're meeting will be more mature. You will have had more experience, so you're recruitment and selection skills will be better.
    Statistically very few teenaged relationships last happily into old age.
    The statistics are still not brilliant when you get into your 20's, but they are better.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that’s good, it gives me a lot of hope for sure. Thank you
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ellie145)
    My boyfriend broke up with me on the last day of secondary school lol
    Do you think it’ll be easier to maintain a relationship with someone in college rather than now as everyone is maturer? Or is it harder
    Why did he break up with you? Was it your problem or his problem? If there was an issue with you, then you may have to resolve it, else you may experience the same in College or uni.

ReputationRep:
    He blamed it on my anxiety, he said ‘I’m just a 16 year old boy I can’t look after you with your mental illness’ and it really hurt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
    It should, on average, in general be easier.
    The same will apply when you go to Uni.
    And the same again when you start working.

You will be more mature. The people you're meeting will be more mature. You will have had more experience, so you're recruitment and selection skills will be better.
    Statistically very few teenaged relationships last happily into old age.
    The statistics are still not brilliant when you get into your 20's, but they are better.
    Wise words.

ReputationRep:
    It really is

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.