The Student Room Group

A levels

What happens when you have bad a levels and do some resits or perhaps the whole year again, do you have to attend school or not?
Do you just attend the exams at the end of the year?
Original post by esmeralda123
What happens when you have bad a levels and do some resits or perhaps the whole year again, do you have to attend school or not?
Do you just attend the exams at the end of the year?

It depends.
1. Your school may let you retake the year. Unlikely.
2. More likely you have to study as a private candidate and arrange the resits yourself. It will cost you £250 plus to resit an A level. You ahve to find a private exam centre unless your school lets you resit the exam there. You are in control of your studies. You dont attend school and everything is up to you. Get a job to earn money or more experience. It will go quickly.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
It depends.
1. Your school may let you retake the year. Unlikely.
2. More likely you have to study as a private candidate and arrange the resits yourself. It will cost you £250 plus to resit an A level. You ahve to find a private exam centre unless your school lets you resit the exam there. You are in control of your studies. You dont attend school and everything is up to you. Get a job to earn money or more experience. It will go quickly.

Does the school have to know then, if they I don't want them to enter me for resits?
And how do you find a private exam centre?
Original post by esmeralda123
Does the school have to know then, if they I don't want them to enter me for resits?
And how do you find a private exam centre?

As far as the school is concerned besides the results you are now an ex pupil. If you want them to enter you for resits , then you have to ask and you will still need to pay. It may be cheaper.

Private exam centres can be found by googling or the exam board will have a limited list of possibles.

Quick Reply

Latest