The Student Room Group

Don't know what to do in the summer holidays

I have recently finished my GCSEs and needed something to get my mind off worrying about my results. I go away to NCS in under a month. I am going to start volunteering at a British heart foundation charity shop from next week, every thursday from 10-3. What do I do for the rest of the time? Should I ask the manager for another day in which i could volunteer too as I am so bored at home? I really want a job but with no retail experience there's no point in applying anywhere as i will get rejected. I was thinking of volunteering at another charity shop or in a hospice. So sorry for all the questions. I want to relax but not too much as I want as much work experience as possible
Thanks in advance for your advice
Reply 1
Original post by snickerdoodle02
I have recently finished my GCSEs and needed something to get my mind off worrying about my results. I go away to NCS in under a month. I am going to start volunteering at a British heart foundation charity shop from next week, every thursday from 10-3. What do I do for the rest of the time? Should I ask the manager for another day in which i could volunteer too as I am so bored at home? I really want a job but with no retail experience there's no point in applying anywhere as i will get rejected. I was thinking of volunteering at another charity shop or in a hospice. So sorry for all the questions. I want to relax but not too much as I want as much work experience as possible

I'm in the same position tbh, maybe join a club that is cheap and try and make some friends, even if you feel anxious talking to new people push your self to do it anyway because it will be worth it in the long run and you'll be proud of your self. You could also exercise outdoors like running or join or gym or something.
Original post by snickerdoodle02

Why don't you start preparing for your A-levels early. There are books on how tsk bridge the gap between GCSE and A-level.
Or if you're convinced you've failed your GCSEs, go over your maths and English again for re-sits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending