My mum keeps buying me clothes I don't like. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I know this is a really stupid problem. But it's getting really annoying. I've tried telling her too many times to count yet she won't listen. She buys me clothes I don't like and gets very angry when I tell her I don't like them or wont wear them.
Today we went shopping, she suggested 2 tops and I told her I didn't like them repeatedly. But she later went to the shop without me and bought them. Now she's calling me an ungreatful and selfish brat because I've told her I probably won't wear them again. She's now in a mood with me.

Any advice?
Nobody101
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How old are you
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
InsecureToad //
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dont worry I can relate, my mum has really bad fashion sense and she always tries to force me to wear clothes that are like really bad on my figure and ugly af (like a little kid’s clothes) . For instance, if we go to a party or something, she almost always forces me to wear a dress but then when we go there many people my age are all wearing casual tops and leggings whereas i’m a fool in a ugly ****ing dress. What's more is tht she gets soo pissed when I don’t agree to wear what she wants me to wear and she becomes so persistent and forceful it’s so annoying. I also tell her to stop buying me clothes but she still does and im like wtfff, MY BODY ISN’T PERFECT AND NICE - I HAVE FAT ARMS AND A BIT OF A BELLY AND UR TRYNA MAKE ME WEAR THESE UGLY CLOTHES ON TOP OF IT!!!!!! Ok sorry for my rage, it’s just tht i’m so uncomfortable and insecure with the clothes she tells me to wear and it just makes me feel more ugly tht i hate it.
Last edited by InsecureToad //; 1 week ago
Xarao
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by InsecureToad //)
Dont worry I can relate, my mum has such ugly disgusting taste and she always tries to force me to wear clothes that are really bad on my figure and ugly (like a little kid’s clothes) . For instance if we go to a cultural party or something, she forces me to wear a dress that is like a child’s dress but then when we go there, people my age are all wearing casual tops and leggings whereas i’m a fool in a ugly ****ing dress. What's more is tht she gets soo pissed when I don’t agree to wear what she wants me to wear and she becomes so persistent and forceful. I also tell her to stop buying me clothes but she still does and im like wtfff, MY BODY ISN’T PERFECT AND NICE - I HAVE FAT ARMS AND A BIT OF A BELLY AND UR TRYNA MAKE ME WEAR THESE UGLY CLOTHES ON TOP OF IT!!!!!! Ok sorry for my rage, it’s just tht i’m so uncomfortable and insecure with the clothes she tells me to wear and it just makes me feel more ugly.
It's great that you can relate to the OP. But this thread is a year old.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know this is a really stupid problem. But it's getting really annoying. I've tried telling her too many times to count yet she won't listen. She buys me clothes I don't like and gets very angry when I tell her I don't like them or wont wear them.
Today we went shopping, she suggested 2 tops and I told her I didn't like them repeatedly. But she later went to the shop without me and bought them. Now she's calling me an ungreatful and selfish brat because I've told her I probably won't wear them again. She's now in a mood with me.

Any advice?
What’s ur clothing style?
A.shaquile
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same. My mom gets really upset about this
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
InsecureToad //
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah ik 😂
(Original post by Xarao)
It's great that you can relate to the OP. But this thread is a year old.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.67%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.67%
No I am happy with my course choice (519)
59.18%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.48%

Watched Threads