The Student Room Group

Psychology

Okay, so I want to do a psychology BSc Hons degree. I've seen some universities which require AAA/AAB at A-level and others BBC/BCC.

Does it make a difference on the school you go to? Mine is independent and I've heard some universities only offer lower grades to those from state schools.

Also, does anyone know how to get into teaching? My understanding is that I would have to do this undergraduate degree and then do another teacher training course. Is this correct?

Thanks- just kinda stressing here...
Anyone?
1) Doesn't really matter where you go to school unless it's considerably below standards, in which case a uni may make a contextual offer
2) For teaching you need to do a PGCE after undergrad
Original post by Noodlzzz
1) Doesn't really matter where you go to school unless it's considerably below standards, in which case a uni may make a contextual offer
2) For teaching you need to do a PGCE after undergrad

Thanks- that's what I thought.
Reply 4
When you are at university I'd recommend you get a decent amount of work experience in schools/sixth forms/tutoring before deciding on a pgce. There's also schools direct/teach first but I wouldn't worry too much about that now... You can cross that bridge when you come to it.
Original post by Justmac
When you are at university I'd recommend you get a decent amount of work experience in schools/sixth forms/tutoring before deciding on a pgce. There's also schools direct/teach first but I wouldn't worry too much about that now... You can cross that bridge when you come to it.

Thanks for the reply

Quick Reply

Latest