Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have my driving test coming up very soon and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

Thanks x.
Serena1999
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hopefully you will get a relaxing examiner, I had one who was an instructor for 20+ years so he really understood and I enjoyed his conversations. That will be a given relaxer, if they are quite stern, don’t fear, just remember the goal is to drive like it was a normal lesson, simply without the person telling you how to do anything, remember that if you shake or cry it’s completely common and natural. That’s all metal things.
Physically, check mirrors obviously!!! Make sure they see you.
One common fault is “undue hesitation”, but remember hesitation is better than being too bold, but don’t make it look like you don’t know what you’re doing, or like you’re waiting for them to guide you since they can’t and won’t.
Drink water and eat before the test, even just a banana, don’t do it without eating, guaranteed headache.
If you think you have made a major fault, don’t worry and don’t act like you have ruined it, just continue, you never know, it could still be going perfect.

Don’t be afraid to cry from overwhelming feelings!!’
I passed on my 3rd time and it was the best best best feeling ever.
Don’t stress it, GOOD LUCK!!!!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Serena1999)
Hopefully you will get a relaxing examiner, I had one who was an instructor for 20+ years so he really understood and I enjoyed his conversations. That will be a given relaxer, if they are quite stern, don’t fear, just remember the goal is to drive like it was a normal lesson, simply without the person telling you how to do anything, remember that if you shake or cry it’s completely common and natural. That’s all metal things.
Physically, check mirrors obviously!!! Make sure they see you.
One common fault is “undue hesitation”, but remember hesitation is better than being too bold, but don’t make it look like you don’t know what you’re doing, or like you’re waiting for them to guide you since they can’t and won’t.
Drink water and eat before the test, even just a banana, don’t do it without eating, guaranteed headache.
If you think you have made a major fault, don’t worry and don’t act like you have ruined it, just continue, you never know, it could still be going perfect.

Don’t be afraid to cry from overwhelming feelings!!’
I passed on my 3rd time and it was the best best best feeling ever.
Don’t stress it, GOOD LUCK!!!!
Thank you so much for this!!
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have my driving test coming up very soon and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

Thanks x.
Roll down your windows slightly when doing the manoveurs. Helps you hear oncoming cars
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Belatedly moved to Learning to drive; hope it went well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads