Doones
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Cleverboy1991)
What do you mean ?
Well you repped the post so I presume you know already.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Cleverboy1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Well you repped the post so I presume you know already.
I don't know for certain what you meant by it
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I don't know for certain what you meant by it
So now you rep posts you don't understand. Interesting.

Has your temporary tattoo worn off yet?
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
So now you rep posts you don't understand. Interesting.

Has your temporary tattoo worn off yet?
Well if it makes you feel any better I can contact the moderation team and ask them to remove the rep, would that make you happy ?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Well if it makes you feel any better I can contact the moderation team and ask them to remove the rep, would that make you happy ?
How's your tattoo?
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
How's your tattoo?
Erm.......

Bit random but yes the tattoonis fine thanks 🤔
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I cut down a big tree today using a basic hand saw, it was a tall tree and had quite some width, it really is a good feeling as you finish sawing then hear the tree crackle so loud and then collapse.

There are a lot more trees there that I want to cut down but I want to make sure it's legal first, there was nobody around today as I was cutting this tree down, but when I walked back to my car there was a police car just opposite, I thought I was going to have a panic attack, I had the saw hidden in a bag and luckily the police didn't approach me.
They were chatting with a lorry driver who'd parked there too sleep, not sure what they were chatting about

It wasn't exactly in the woods but along a thin path that spans a few miles long with threes on either side

So can anyone tell me if it's legal or not for me to cut down trees like this or am I an illegal logger ?

Thanks
It is important that you let us know whether you have taken to reading the novels of Sir Walter Scott. Do you admire Waverley? Are you a fan of Ivanhoe? Are you turned on by the Bride of Lammermuir?

Both Gladstone and Bismarck were very keen on chopping down trees and they were also great admirers of the works of Sir Walter Scott.

All this arboreal activity may be the first sign of imperialist meglomania.
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by nulli tertius)
It is important that you let us know whether you have taken to reading the novels of Sir Walter Scott. Do you admire Waverley? Are you a fan of Ivanhoe? Are you turned on by the Bride of Lammermuir?

Both Gladstone and Bismarck were very keen on chopping down trees and they were also great admirers of the works of Sir Walter Scott.

All this arboreal activity may be the first sign of imperialist meglomania.
What ?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Erm.......

Bit random but yes the tattoonis fine thanks 🤔
I just wouldn't like it to be lost to posterity. So make sure you leave it to someone special in the event you are deprived of existence by a felled mighty Scots pine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The answer is yes and no so here goes:

1. If the land is owned - most is - you would need permission from the land owner. If it is common land see below

2. Any tree over a certain age may have a legal protection on it. Even if you cut one down in your garden over 100 years old you in trouble.

3. Some species of tree are protected by law, just like any other wild flower.

4. At certain times of year birds nest are protected by law and disturbing them is illegal.

And so on. I'm not a solicitor etc.

If you want to cut down trees, approach someone who needs their woods copse or the Woodland Trust who will be able to direct you better.

NB health and safety

5. Tree sap can get into the eyes and cause blindness.

6. Only experienced tree surgeons should cut down trees as they can judge the canopy drop and put the tree where it needs to fall without damaging local trees.

How about approaching your local tree surgeon to see if you can volunteer for them, and learn how to look after trees properly.

So

It is a legal mind field, so not recommended unless you are a professional or under the tutorship of a qualified tree surgeon.

As for bushcraft you don't need to cut down tree to practice the technique - again see if you can join a proper course to be taught the correct way. Even experienced users or saws etc can be badly hurt, so it is vital to do it properly.
Johnny English
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It's not rocket science ...

If it's not yours ...then leave it alone or face the consequences.
Saif Saleemi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I cut down a big tree today using a basic hand saw, it was a tall tree and had quite some width, it really is a good feeling as you finish sawing then hear the tree crackle so loud and then collapse.

There are a lot more trees there that I want to cut down but I want to make sure it's legal first, there was nobody around today as I was cutting this tree down, but when I walked back to my car there was a police car just opposite, I thought I was going to have a panic attack, I had the saw hidden in a bag and luckily the police didn't approach me.
They were chatting with a lorry driver who'd parked there too sleep, not sure what they were chatting about

It wasn't exactly in the woods but along a thin path that spans a few miles long with threes on either side

So can anyone tell me if it's legal or not for me to cut down trees like this or am I an illegal logger ?

Thanks
😂😂 you're just asking for some sketchy environmentalists to say "do you realise what you're doing to the planet"... followed by a few profanities and so on..
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Get a nice tattoo of some buttered scones instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Get a nice tattoo of some buttered scones instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh Doonesbury! :laugh:
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I can’t believe people are wasting their time giving this sensible answers.

It’s making for good reading though. Much lol
Wasteman Init
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Imdo it anyway cuz.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Are you in Warrington?
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/...nesting-birds/
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
Not far, about 20 miles from there
hairysuit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Of course it's not legal you total ****wit. Why are you even asking that question, are you actually retarded?Its destruction of property for starters as It doesn't sound like the tree was on your land, also if the tree was particularly old you can be hit with a fine for up to 5k, and thats even if it is on your land. If the tree could have been home to protected species then the problem is compounded.So yes it's illegal. It's also morally wrong. These trees take a long time to grow and very little time for some brainless muppet like you to come along and cut it down because you 'thought it would be fun'. ****.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.68%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
13.46%

Watched Threads