The Student Room Group

Is Medify necessary to do well in the UKCAT

I've been looking over past threads and see that the two best resources to purchase for UKCAT revision are the 1250Q book and a Medify subscription. I have just bought the book but am very strapped for cash right now and I'm not really sure I can even afford the shortest Medify subscription. Do you think it's possible to do well without it by just using the book and any other free resources, or will I be at a disadvantage?

Reply 1
Medify stands out because of how closely it replicates the actual test. You can time yourself, use the same shortcuts and similar style calculator, and the layout of the screen helps with familiarisation.

The book is good, but I think for timing and practise Medify is definitely worth it.
Personally I got a score of 3070 (average 757.5) from only using the book and free online resources.
When doing the book I made sure I timed myself relative to the number of questions I was done. So if I was doing 22 questions in VR then I'd give my self 10 and a half minutes to do. I don't think medify is necessary at all
Reply 3
Original post by Marathi
Medify stands out because of how closely it replicates the actual test. You can time yourself, use the same shortcuts and similar style calculator, and the layout of the screen helps with familiarisation.

The book is good, but I think for timing and practise Medify is definitely worth it.

Original post by AzureCeleste
Personally I got a score of 3070 (average 757.5) from only using the book and free online resources.
When doing the book I made sure I timed myself relative to the number of questions I was done. So if I was doing 22 questions in VR then I'd give my self 10 and a half minutes to do. I don't think medify is necessary at all

Thank you. I also came across someone mentioning the company Docme. Apparently it's very similar to Medify (and the UKCAT) and is a lot cheaper. What are your opinions on it (if you have any)?
I also back the replies - I used medify and got 775 average last year.

Medify is really really helpful and is well worth the money than other resources, imo (obv there are free resources on the UKCAT website and others)

Good luck!
Original post by ConfusedGEM
Thank you. I also came across someone mentioning the company Docme. Apparently it's very similar to Medify (and the UKCAT) and is a lot cheaper. What are your opinions on it (if you have any)?

Someone mentioned it to me yesterday but I'm not sure what it's like.
Maybe compare the medify and docme free questions and see what you think?
Reply 6
Original post by AzureCeleste
Someone mentioned it to me yesterday but I'm not sure what it's like.
Maybe compare the medify and docme free questions and see what you think?

Great suggestion! Going to have a look :smile:
Reply 7
hmm

Quick Reply

Latest