The Student Room Group

How did you find the GCSE Maths Higher paper?

I know it is a bit late, but now the exams have passed, how did you find the 3 papers?

On my mocks, I have had a mixture of 8s and 9s. I found these papers harder than the edexcel practise papers, but easier than the actual June and November 2017 papers.

At the moment, I think I have around 195 marks which I hope could be a 9 especially when I could have more marks due to not remember all my answers and not knowing how many marks for working out.

What do you normally get on your mocks? How did you find the three papers?
Anyone?
Reply 2
in my mocks I have been averaging 9s and high 8s, I found the first paper quite boring leading to silly mistakes and enjoyed the calculator papers. I think I got 208 marks which I hope is a 9,
I wish there were some more fun problems to solve like the 2017 papers
Original post by Goldfish4343
I know it is a bit late, but now the exams have passed, how did you find the 3 papers?

On my mocks, I have had a mixture of 8s and 9s. I found these papers harder than the edexcel practise papers, but easier than the actual June and November 2017 papers.

At the moment, I think I have around 195 marks which I hope could be a 9 especially when I could have more marks due to not remember all my answers and not knowing how many marks for working out.

What do you normally get on your mocks? How did you find the three papers?

I did AQA papers but the papers were boring, mostly. There were 1 or 2 challenging questions which requires lot of time and thinking. I was expecting paper 3 to be much harder since the challenging topic such as 'vectors in straight line' haven't been tested in depth in the previous two papers, in fact paper 3 was easier hence I have anticipated that the grade boundaries gonna be higher.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply