The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Pakistanis genuinely look nothing like Indians to me, they look "foriegn" to me...

I wanted to post the following image of Bangladeshis to reiterate my point about how most Pakistanis look nothing like Indians. This is from the Migrants Crisis erupting out of Bangladesh and they have a mix of North Indian looking people and people that could pass for South Indians, despite Bangladesh being mainly located in North India.

http://images.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/news/world/2013/02/09/bangladesh_faces_mass_migration_loss_of_land_from_climate_change/cyclone_refugees.jpg

This is one of the many reasons why I'm against the left-wing getting into power, because it appears to be a more to do with pandering towards the British Muslim community rather than any genuine moral good.

The majority of Pakistanis look nothing like an Indian and I have endless trouble trying to work out where one of these people is from since they simply look foriegn to me. If these people weren't Muslim then the left-wing would probably be more than happy to explain to the public that they aren't actually Indian but more actually Middle Eastern. I find that most left-wingers find similarities with people in the border region with Pakistan and claim that all Indians look like Pakistanis... It's just the left-wing being obsessed with Muslims and increasing hatred against Indians - this time even South Indians, a group that the left-wing rants on about being discriminated by the Right, is now it's main target.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I agree, they look nothing like us. We should be happy they don't.

The current rhetoric of painting India in a bad light is also reflected in this. Whenever a pakistani grooming gang appears they call them Asian, lumping them with us.
Reply 2
Original post by whatsprogressive
I wanted to post the following image of Bangladeshis to reiterate my point about how most Pakistanis look nothing like Indians. This is from the Migrants Crisis erupting out of Bangladesh and they have a mix of North Indian looking people and people that could pass for South Indians, despite Bangladesh being mainly located in North India.

http://images.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/news/world/2013/02/09/bangladesh_faces_mass_migration_loss_of_land_from_climate_change/cyclone_refugees.jpg

This is one of the many reasons why I'm against the left-wing getting into power, because it appears to be a more to do with pandering towards the British Muslim community rather than any genuine moral good.

The majority of Pakistanis look nothing like an Indian and I have endless trouble trying to work out where one of these people is from since they simply look foriegn to me. If these people weren't Muslim then the left-wing would probably be more than happy to explain to the public that they aren't actually Indian but more actually Middle Eastern. I find that most left-wingers find similarities with people in the border region with Pakistan and claim that all Indians look like Pakistanis... It's just the left-wing being obsessed with Muslims and increasing hatred against Indians - this time even South Indians, a group that the left-wing rants on about being discriminated by the Right, is now it's main target.

You know Pakistan used to be part of India before partition in 1947. So technically Pakistanis are Indian.
Original post by catholicgirl
You know Pakistan used to be part of India before partition in 1947. So technically Pakistanis are Indian.

That's like saying that if Turkey joins the EU then it's European. Anyway, Pakistan in British India was more to do with the British than to do with he Indians. I don't know why we have to deal with the Pakistanis but we don't get the cooler East Asians that were also part of British India.
I’m glad we don’t look anything like Indians. Much better looking.

Spoiler

Who ever said Indians look like Pakistanis? They REALLY don’t lol
There's a problem with racism in western media (hollywood) and colorism/racism against South Indians in India, but it's worse in the west because a huge majority of western South Indians sexually dislike North Indians and MEs men, therefore we don't excuse the racism at all.

In Europe, we have to deal with a large chavvy Middle Eastern and Pakistani population, especially among younger age groups thanks to the high Muslim birth rate, which means that often we get a lot of racism and hate from them. I went on holiday to Switzerland last winter and I literally got heckled several times with racist chants from a lot of what I presume a Morrocans or Turks, but this also happens a lot here with Middle Easterners, Pakistanis, etc... though we largely avoid this because we live in completely different areas in the UK. Pakistanis are probably the worst in the UK but I think a lot of white skinned North Indian Muslims disproportionately engage in colourism and racism too.

Hollywood and the left-wing have generally decided to ignore this racism in favour of supporting the wider Muslim community, why I generally don't know, maybe because the Indian left-wing is Pro-Muslim but then India shouldn't follow the western political spectrum because it isn't a western country.
(edited 5 years ago)
North Indians tend to be light skinned,while south Indians tend to be dark skinned.
North Indians and South Indians do look more similar. The problem is that most Pakistanis look foriegn. For example, everything I know thinks this guy is a Pakistani but he's genetically/racially Saudi Arabian!

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1232669/images/o-OSAMA-BIN-LADEN-REPORT-facebook.jpg

North Indians have different slightly face shapes from South Indians, but then I can tell the European nationalities and Asian nationalities apart most of the time too. South Indians have a brown skin tone.
Who really cares. Spend your life working hard to make a difference in this world, always be a good and honest person. It won’t matter what you looked like. We respect and later remember people for their actions, not their looks.
Original post by Vivi2018
Who really cares. Spend your life working hard to make a difference in this world, always be a good and honest person. It won’t matter what you looked like. We respect and later remember people for their actions, not their looks.

Maybe because we have a troublesome racism problem between Hindus and Muslims literally everywhere outside the USA?
Maybe because we have a troublesome racism problem between Hindus and Muslims literally everywhere outside the USA? Dealing with Pakistanis would probably make a huge difference to the world actually.

You won’t like hearing this, but the only people who suffer from these problems are people like you who go out of their way to make a big deal out of them.
I’m Asian, I have a lot of Asian friends, so do my parents and extended family members. All of us Asians get along just fine. In fact, just a couple of months back I went to my neighbouring Asian country for a friend’s wedding.

You just can’t judge a whole country by the actions of a few people. There’s nothing wrong with the majority of Pakistani’s. A few people ruined their country’s name.
Reply 12
Maybe because we have a troublesome racism problem between Hindus and Muslims literally everywhere outside the USA?

Maybe because we have a troublesome racism problem between Hindus and Muslims literally everywhere outside the USA? Dealing with Pakistanis would probably make a huge difference to the world actually.

Is your problem between Hindus and Muslims or Pakistanis and Indians? Or just Muslim Pakistanis? And what do Bengalis have to do with anything lol
You won’t like hearing this, but the only people who suffer from these problems are people like you who go out of their way to make a big deal out of them.
I’m Asian, I have a lot of Asian friends, so do my parents and extended family members. All of us Asians get along just fine. In fact, just a couple of months back I went to my neighbouring Asian country for a friend’s wedding.

You just can’t judge a whole country by the actions of a few people. There’s nothing wrong with the majority of Pakistani’s. A few people ruined their country’s name.

Oh and my experience in the country was absolutely wonderful - they knew where I was from (because I told them) and I didn’t experience racism from any of the locals, or my friends extended family members. I stayed there for 3 weeks 😁. Go and travel. These limits and racist thoughts are only exaggerated inside your mind.
There's a reason why Pakistanis have a chavvy stereotype and most Hindus and Muslims hate each other outside the US. I grew up in West London too and I have many North Indian Hindu/Sikh friends.

Pakistanis are generally annoying and regressive people. The entire country should be labelled as foreign or middle eastern but the entire left-wing has forbidden this from happening.

Here’s my final message to you on this issue: read what you wrote and think about this fact:

The Mayor of London is a Pakistani man.

😂
Here’s my final message to you on this issue: read what you wrote and think about this fact:

The Mayor of London is a Pakistani man.

😂

Yes. Labour and in a city populated by Muslims that dominate certain electoral district. Next you'll be telling me that Europe will have it's first Muslim President... affirmative action isn't something to be proud of.
Reply 16
Oh and my experience in the country was absolutely wonderful - they knew where I was from (because I told them) and I didn’t experience racism from any of the locals, or my friends extended family members. I stayed there for 3 weeks 😁. Go and travel. These limits and racist thoughts are only exaggerated inside your mind.

PRSOM ☺️☺️

If everyone complained about being “wrongly ethnicised” lol if Polish people were confused with Romanians or Ghanianians were confused with Zimbabweans... if English people were confused with Americans :lol:

His problem is just with Pakistani Muslims lol his other arguments don’t make sense at all
i'm south Indian origins.

Pakistanis are nothing like us wtf
A large element of Bangladeshis can actually pass for South Indians. I generally dislike Muslims and I'm supportive of Hindu Nationalism. I don't really deal with Pakistanis in day-to-day life because of their socioconomic status.

This is an incredibly bigoted thing to say. How can you dislike a group of people based on their religion?
I’ve noticed that a lot of Indians tend to simultaneously hate and be jealous of Pakistanis due to their lighter skin colour. Indians seem to make a big deal of skin colour and tend to resent the fact that Pakistanis are usually lighter skinned and taller

Latest