Economics 25 mark question help Watch

psycholeo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
"Reforming labour law is an important supply-side policy." Evaluate whether you think this is the most effective way to improve the UK's productivity (25 marks).

I'm really not sure what to write for this question, I think I could talk about 3 different supply-side policies that affect productivity (reforming labour law, lower rates of income tax, improving labour training), but I'm really not sure what diagrams to use. My teacher always says to use two but the only one I can think of is a shift right of the LRAS and SRAS curves in a classic AD/AS diagram. I'm really not sure. Please help!!
jpt4749
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Regarding graphical representation supply side policy is when LRAS shift to the right so that reduces the pressure of inflation while expanding output at the same time.

Reforming labor law can be through enhancing labor productivity by providing subsidies for R&D and improving trainings for workers etc.
psycholeo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Nathan9087)
Regarding graphical representation supply side policy is when LRAS shift to the right so that reduces the pressure of inflation while expanding output at the same time.

Reforming labor law can be through enhancing labor productivity by providing subsidies for R&D and improving trainings for workers etc.
So other than that what's another diagram I can use in my answer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.46%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (94)
17.87%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (76)
14.45%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.27%
How can I be the best version of myself? (158)
30.04%

Watched Threads