Turn on thread page Beta

Girls with unrealistic expectations watch

So at Uni I overheard some girls describing what they want there guy to be like. Lots of them said 6ft min, Beard, Slim but muscular, Six pack, Drives a BMW or Mercedes. So without really bragging I check most of the boxes but come on driving a BMW or Mercedes while still in university. I know there are some guys who check all the boxes but they are generally 1 in 100 and the number of girls after a guy like this is a far higher number.

Maybe i’m looking into this too much because i’m inexperienced and am maybe trying to hard, but I have even seen girls on social media looking for the same requirements in a guy. Surely they have to be joking right or willing to compromise on some of the requirements?

ReputationRep:
    Describing your perfect partner and what you actually go out with are two very different things.

ReputationRep:
    They are not joking, tall, slim+some muscle and rich is the ideal man for anyone who is not a massive liar.

Get with the programme.

Those girls who have options (a.k.a. attractive girls) won't "compromise".

ReputationRep:
    Its like that for guys also. I want a model looking girlfriend with big boobs, nice ass, skinny, smart, etc. whilst all those things are ideal, I don't look for those traits exclusively. I understand this fantasy woman doesnt exist or is very rare and is probably looking for guys that are billionaires. Instead I am more than happy to go out with pretty much any girl as long as she isnt a ***** to me.

ReputationRep:
    I want to some info for llb
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    They want a guy like me.

(Original post by Mess.)
    Describing your perfect partner and what you actually go out with are two very different things.
    They weren’t describing there ideal partner, they were describing what there partner has to be

(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    They are not joking, tall, slim+some muscle and rich is the ideal man for anyone who is not a massive liar.

Get with the programme.

Those girls who have options (a.k.a. attractive girls) won't "compromise".
    Yes they were very attractive and I wasn’t sure if they would compromise, so I guess not
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They weren’t describing there ideal partner, they were describing what there partner has to be
    If they have such a strict tickbox list, theyll end up alone.

(Original post by snifsnif2)
    Its like that for guys also. I want a model looking girlfriend with big boobs, nice ass, skinny, smart, etc. whilst all those things are ideal, I don't look for those traits exclusively. I understand this fantasy woman doesnt exist or is very rare and is probably looking for guys that are billionaires. Instead I am more than happy to go out with pretty much any girl as long as she isnt a ***** to me.
    Yeah but they are ideal, they were talking about expectations, so the guy has to be more or less like that

ReputationRep:
    So at Uni I overheard some girls describing what they want there guy to be like. Lots of them said 6ft min, Beard, Slim but muscular, Six pack, Drives a BMW or Mercedes. So without really bragging I check most of the boxes but come on driving a BMW or Mercedes while still in university. I know there are some guys who check all the boxes but they are generally 1 in 100 and the number of girls after a guy like this is a far higher number.

Maybe i’m looking into this too much because i’m inexperienced and am maybe trying to hard, but I have even seen girls on social media looking for the same requirements in a guy. Surely they have to be joking right or willing to compromise on some of the requirements?
    We all have ambition - you won't hear a girl saying they want an overweight flatulent slob who gets the number 6 bus.

It also gives men something to aim at.

I picked my husband on the basis that he drove a Golf GTI and was a professional who was going places. Shallow - perhaps but we are subconsciously looking for the future fathers of our children

ReputationRep:
    There's often a gap between what you would like and what you can have in dating. Guys suffer from this too..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    We all have ambition - you won't hear a girl saying they want an overweight flatulent slob who gets the number 6 bus.

It also gives men something to aim at.

I picked my husband on the basis that he drove a Golf GTI and was a professional who was going places. Shallow - perhaps but we are subconsciously looking for the future fathers of our children
    HUSBAND? What brings you here to a student forum?

ReputationRep:
    i think boys have unrealistic expectations which is why they 'get bored' so easily.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Let me guess, they’re average lookwise, talent wise but want a man to be a supermodel, CEO and noble prize winner? Yep, those girls end up alone dude:lol:

ReputationRep:
    i think girls have unrealistic expectations which is why they 'get bored' so easily.

ReputationRep:

If you tick all their boxes with the exception of the car, you should be up to your eyeballs in clunge. How the hell are you inexperienced?

ReputationRep:
    Tell them you're expectations then bigman, don't back down
    Them them:
    1.Super slim girl
    2.Big ass, Big boobies, good in bed
    3.Drive a lambo
    4.Cook like a michelin star chef
    5.Have 800 UCAS points
    6.Be a machine at fortnite

etc.

See what they think about that
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by as125)
    Tell them you're expectations then bigman, don't back down
    Them them:
    1.Super slim girl
    2.Big ass, Big boobies, good in bed
    3.Drive a lambo
    4.Cook like a michelin star chef
    5.Have 800 UCAS points
    6.Be a machine at fortnite

etc.

See what they think about that
    loled hard at 5. and 6.

ReputationRep:
    Most girls have to adjust, and they don’t mind if the guy doesn’t tick all the boxes.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.