The Student Room Group

Need hnc/hnd resit advice please

Last September i enrolled in a HND course. I entered three weeks late (thought applications were finished). and got in.

However, this year has been nothing but a disaster. Firstly, I have awful anxiety to the point of where I can't leave my room sometimes. Secondly during the end of semester 1 my dad had a heart attack. i live alone with him and I now have to be his carer (he can no longer work). Both of these as well as starting late in the year have caused me to have an attendance of 56% and i only managed to pass my exam (B) and 4 modules. The rest i didn't complete.

My question is would i be able to repeat the year or retake the modules at my own cost?

I ask here because I get the feeling the course tutor doesn't like me and I believe he thinks I'm making this up. Which only makes my anxiety worse.

Thank you for any advice.
Original post by Throwaway555
Last September i enrolled in a HND course. I entered three weeks late (thought applications were finished). and got in.

However, this year has been nothing but a disaster. Firstly, I have awful anxiety to the point of where I can't leave my room sometimes. Secondly during the end of semester 1 my dad had a heart attack. i live alone with him and I now have to be his carer (he can no longer work). Both of these as well as starting late in the year have caused me to have an attendance of 56% and i only managed to pass my exam (B) and 4 modules. The rest i didn't complete.

My question is would i be able to repeat the year or retake the modules at my own cost?

I ask here because I get the feeling the course tutor doesn't like me and I believe he thinks I'm making this up. Which only makes my anxiety worse.

Thank you for any advice.

I think you should try and speak to someone who is senior to your tutor, or even just someone else who works there who you trust will listen to you more, and ask if you can change your tutor. Speak to the student support services at your college and they should be able to help you to sort things out, but I do believe it is possible to resit/repeat, so don't panic, it's not the end of the world, and these things happen all the time, so it can be sorted out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending