Working a night shift for the first time. Help!!! Watch

Il971
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am working a night shift tomorrow night for the first time ever.

Its from 9pm to 6am.

How do i prepare myself for this shift?? On a normal day im in bed by 11pm and up by 10am. (I know i sleep loads)

So basically i dont want to fall asleep 2 hours into my shift. I'll be working by myself as the store will be closed so there will be no one there to talk to which is going to make things difficult. I have a huge list of jobs to do so everythings ready for the morning when the store opens.

Those of you who have done night shifts, could you please plan my day out for me tonight and tomorrow so im prepared for tomorrow nights night-shift.

What times shall i go sleep?
What times shall i wake up?
How do i stay alert and awake all shift?

Please plan today and tomorrows day for me.

I dont know how im going to manage
Pizza32
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have as much sleep as posssible during the day, have a bowl of porridge as it’s slow energy releasing (when you wake up for your shift) and stay hydrated and active as possible. It’s your first night shift so you’ll learn some tips for next time so don’t worry
S0PHIESB
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Take lots of naps, maybe tonight stay up as late as possible tonight to try to alter your sleep pattern a wee bit, and don’t at all drink caffeine until your shift (if you can bring drinks)
AppleB
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nap for around 3-4 hours at 3pm during the afternoon before your shift
Drink lots of water (you’ll feel dehydrated during the night shift)
If you get a break try to sleep for an hour. For some people this helps them feel better, others not so much and prefer to go outside.
When you come back from the shift, take a bath and go to sleep for maximum 4-5 hours otherwise you won’t sleep during the night which will affect your sleep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.6%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.07%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.81%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.25%

Watched Threads