Should a trans woman be allowed to compete in women sports? Watch

Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
As the title suggests.

Trans women are legally recognised as a woman, so should they be allowed to compete without any artificial suppressors?

If you think that trans women shouldn't be allowed to compete in women sports, should trans men therefore be allowed to compete in female sports?
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No, neither trans men not women should be able to complete in the opposite gender's sport. This comes down to mainly strength and unfair competition mainly. A trans woman may be way stronger than a female born that way, and it would be difficult to have when and in what level they should be able to play.
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by ultimateradman)
No, neither trans men not women should be able to complete in the opposite gender's sport. This comes down to mainly strength and unfair competition mainly. A trans woman may be way stronger than a female born that way, and it would be difficult to have when and in what level they should be able to play.
So should a trans man be allowed to compete in female competition?

The trans man will have had the artificial testosterone boost from the conversion but was born a woman so will not have the long-term physical boost from being a male transitioning to a woman.
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Mess.)
So should a trans man be allowed to compete in female competition?

The trans man will have had the artificial testosterone boost from the conversion but was born a woman so will not have the long-term physical boost from being a male transitioning to a woman.
That's the problem, the situation isn't balanced. I hate to outright say no, but until a fair solution that allows all trans people to play whilst making it fair for all cisgendered whilst also making sure the trans players didn't have it easy is sorted out I don't think they should be able to pay.
Randyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No, especially not in combat sports. Girls cannot compete physically with men and transgender girls (born as boys) have too much of an advantage. Anyone who disagrees is just plainly ignorant.

I've watched a transgender girl wrestle in the girls division of the highschool and she was absolutely crushing every girl despite being the same weight. It's not that she had superior technique, she was ragdolling these chicks around
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
no

imo they should compete in [their respective biological sex] competitions if they wish
ukrj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No, perhaps there should be a separate competition grouping for trans people.

what is wrong with such people? they're wrecking the world by insisting on injecting themselves into everything. they're edged up and they want to eff up the world. just shows how selfish they actually are.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
yes - if they started their medical transition before puberty. So they took puberty blockers, and never went through male puberty. As far as I am aware pre-puberty there is not a huge difference between men/women physically, in fact aren't girls a little bigger pre-puberty then boys? So if they were to take hormone blockers, and never experience all of the effects of male puberty + increased testosterone, then it seems ok to me?

No - if they transitioned after puberty. Obviously by this point (unfortunately for them) there are just to many medical differences to make it a fair competition. Even though their current hormonal level may be the same as an average female, its to late, and the years with male hormones have already had their effect.

Less bothered by trans-men competing with men, I don't think it would be a problem, as I don't think they have any advantage over men. So, if it were up to me:

Trans women + women = yes if puberty is blocked, no if not
Trans women + men = no, not fair on trans women if they have reduced their hormone levels
Trans men + men = don't see a problem, but probably not fair on trans men
Trans men + women = no, unfair advantage of increased testosterone
Fairplay1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This issue is very worrying, there seems to some kind of mass phychosis attempting to be forced upon the mass consciousness, it is plain common sense,
- if you are born a male then you have an inherent biological, physiological advantage over someone born female, skeletal frame, bone density, muscle density, the level of this advantage will vary from person to person but the advantage however small is still there no amount of gender equality rhetoric can gloss over that FACT.

The problem is this issue is being hijacked by the transphobic label which is thrown at anyone who questions this issue. This is about FairPlay NOT gender I have absolutely zero issue with anyone who associates with a different gender, what I do have an issue with is the unfair physical advantage a male has over a female.

The sad irony of this issue is there seems to be a large portion of females who are supporting and pushing for trans women to compete against biological women and no one seems to be discussing the future of women in high level sports as a result of this issue... there is NO FUTURE for biological women in high level women’s sports as they will be unable to compete against the trans women, resulting in a situation where we have men’s sports dominated by MEN and women’s sports dominated by MEN who now identify as women, where will the women compete then?

Will there even be high level biological women’s athletes anymore, why would a young gifted biological girl choose to dedicate her life to excelling in a sport at its highest level when she knows its a glass ceiling as she will be physically unable to compete against a trans woman.

It’s a sad state of affairs and very worrying for all biological women who have or plan to make a career in professional sports.

Common sense needs to prevail just like men compete in a separate category from women, trans women should compete within their own category it’s the only fair way to do it, otherwise why do we even separate men from women in sports, if we applied the same logic to biological men and women then the separation would be based not on gender not testosterone levels.. however we all know this is nonsensical madness.

Please common sense must prevail!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (150)
18.59%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.1%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.13%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.61%

Watched Threads