The Student Room Group

Preparing myself for results day?

If I don't get the grades required is there anything I can sign up to now so I'm prepared for that?
What happens if you don't get the grades?
Original post by EmLo12
If I don't get the grades required is there anything I can sign up to now so I'm prepared for that?

Loon at the clearing search once it opens in July and make a list of potential places to call if you don't make the grade, you don't need to sign up for clearing.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Loon at the clearing search once it opens in July and make a list of potential places to call if you don't make the grade, you don't need to sign up for clearing.

Awesome thank you very much!
Original post by EmLo12

If you don't get the grades for your firm, and they reject you, you'll then be considered for your insurance choice. If you don't get the grades for your insurance, you'll automatically be placed in clearing.

Clearing is where unis try to fill their empty spaces with students who don't have a university place on results day for whatever reason. It's run through UCAS, so if you applied via UCAS, you don't need to sign up to anything. However, you could research some possible options now, so that you've got some idea of where you might want to attempt to get a place. Clearing can be very first come first served, so you don't want to waste too much time researching things on results day- but you do want to find a place you are happy with.

If you end up in clearing, you'll have to phone up unis with spaces and speak to their staff. They'll be able to see your UCAS application and may ask you about it over the phone. If they give you an offer, you'll not usually have very long to make a decision about it- 48 hours is the norm, but it may be less than this at some unis.

Chances are, you'll get your grades and won't need to use clearing at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending