King's College London or Queen Mary University of London ?

Watch
username4150790
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How important is graduate school reputation? I can't decide between MA Public Policy at KCL or MSc International Public Policy at QMUL. I prefer the modules at QMUL but KCL is a better school overall (better graduate employment record). I would appreciate some insight! (I'm Canadian).
azzieka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They're both good universities and it's completely up to you depending on what you would prefer but personally I'd pick Kings because of their overall reputation nationally and internationally.
username4150790
Rep:
?
Thank you for your reply!! Also, what is the main difference between MSc vs MA in the UK? In Canada usually all social sciences masters fall under MA.

(Original post by azzieka)
They're both good universities and it's completely up to you depending on what you would prefer but personally I'd pick Kings because of their overall reputation nationally and internationally.
azzieka
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lirika)
Thank you for your reply!! Also, what is the main difference between MSc vs MA in the UK? In Canada usually all social sciences masters fall under MA.
No worries! And I'm not completely sure on this but I think an MA stands for a Master of Arts qualification whereas an MSc is a Master of Science. It's just a matter of which department you'd like to be associated with. for e.g If your undergrad degree was a science based one, go for the MSc
username4150790
Rep:
?
(Original post by azzieka)
No worries! And I'm not completely sure on this but I think an MA stands for a Master of Arts qualification whereas an MSc is a Master of Science. It's just a matter of which department you'd like to be associated with. for e.g If your undergrad degree was a science based one, go for the MSc
Mine was a BA (Bachelor of Arts). It seems there is little difference between the two. I appreciate your help!
azzieka
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lirika)
Mine was a BA (Bachelor of Arts). It seems there is little difference between the two. I appreciate your help!
Ah okay! Glad to be of help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.68%
No (648)
65.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise