Turn on thread page Beta

I am REALLY scared of dying watch

ReputationRep:
    When I was around 11 years old, I remember lying in bed looking up at the ceiling and thinking about what happens after you die. What really frustrated me was when I was thinking about "is there nothing left?" I would always end up thinking about coming back. I'm not entirely sure about the whole heaven thing but I'd like to think there is one because I don't want to be dead n that's it. Imagine if when you die you are forever staring at a blank screen? I don't know what to think anymore all I know is I'm terrified of what'll happen if I did die 😐

ReputationRep:
    Sure does suck. Nothing we can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    No one has come back from the dead. Death must be way better than life

ReputationRep:
    All the more reason to live life in the way you want to. You only truly die when you are forgotten, so strive to make something of yourself in this world. Even if one person remembers you, that is enough to keep you alive. Who knows what you may expect when you die, but there will always be a chance of being somewhere else, perhaps reincarnation, perhaps some other dimension, perhaps a heaven or hell or perhaps you shift into your other parallel universe self, like taking control of a bot in a game and then re-living your life but with different possiblities. Consciousness is a mysterious little kid.

ReputationRep:
    Death is just another path, one that we all must take.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone dies, and the afterlife is better than this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazi_Scared)
    When I was around 11 years old, I remember lying in bed looking up at the ceiling and thinking about what happens after you die. What really frustrated me was when I was thinking about "is there nothing left?" I would always end up thinking about coming back. I'm not entirely sure about the whole heaven thing but I'd like to think there is one because I don't want to be dead n that's it. Imagine if when you die you are forever staring at a blank screen? I don't know what to think anymore all I know is I'm terrified of what'll happen if I did die 😐
    If there’s nothing then you won’t be staring at a blank screen because you won’t even have a consciousness or mind to experience anything. It’s like what it was like before being born: absolute nothingness and not even able to experience that nothingness.

ReputationRep:
    Death is inevitable, but you can't spend your whole life worrying about death! Use your time to live it to the fullest - do the things you want to do and aspire to what makes you happy in life.

dont worry about it

Besides we already know what lies beyond this life.

Judgement day and Either heaven or hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    dont worry about it

Besides we already know what lies beyond this life.

Judgement day and Either heaven or hell
    No. You believe that, you don’t know it.

ReputationRep:
    Were you a deer in your past life?

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    No. You believe that, you don’t know it.
    Nope. You can deny it all you want, i dont care.

The word of God is the truth.

But carry on. Keep on being deluded that this is the only life you will see.

ReputationRep:
    If there’s nothing then you won’t be staring at a blank screen because you won’t even have a consciousness or mind to experience anything. It’s like what it was like before being born: absolute nothingness and not even able to experience that nothingness.
    I find that thought comforting.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Nope. You can deny it all you want, i dont care.

The word of God is the truth.

But carry on. Keep on being deluded that this is the only life you will see.
    Nope, no evidence for its truth. All we have evidence for is the natural and that consciousness is a function of the brain as altering and damaging this organ often affects consciousness. Therefore it is you who is deluded.

Nope, no evidence for its truth. All we have evidence for is the natural and gay consciousness is a function as the brain as altering and damaging this organ often affects consciousness. Therefore it is you who is deluded.
    There is plenty of evidence. Only the defiant and deluded would deny it.

For one, the many miracles which were performed by the prophets of god, which were seen by people and legitimately recorded in narrations.

ReputationRep:
    There is plenty of evidence. Only the defiant and deluded would deny it.
    There is none at all for the supernatural. It is only those who already believe that are convinced by it.

For one, the many miracles which were performed by the prophets of god, which were seen by people and legitimately recorded in narrations.
    Where’s the evidence for prophets performing miracles? Surely you’re not going to say “because a book says so”. If you’re making claims that natural laws have been violated in impossible ways then you’re going to need a lot more than that.

ReputationRep:
    enjoy each day you are alive. earn as much rep as possible. be happy
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Stick your head in a bucket of water, then pull it out.

The hole left behind is proportional to how much will be missed in a few years after you die when all your friends and family are dead too.

Religion is for people who cannot handle the truth or reality of life.

There is none at all for the supernatural. It is only those who already believe that are convinced by it.

Where’s the evidence for prophets performing miracles? Surely you’re not going to say “because a book says so”. If you’re making claims that natural laws have been violated in impossible ways then you’re going to need a lot more than that.
    The evidence was that tonnes of people witnessed the miracles, accounting for the legitimacy of the prophets and their truthfulness. These were recorded in narrations as chains of narrators, in compilations formed by stringent conditions.

Anything is possible through the will of God.

ReputationRep:
    The evidence was that tonnes of people witnessed the miracles, accounting for the legitimacy of the prophets and their truthfulness. These were recorded in narrations as chains of narrators, in compilations formed by stringent conditions.

Anything is possible through the will of God.
    Our Lord performed many miracles and healings in the area around Galilee ? People were raised from the dead, water was turned into wine, loaves and fishes were multiplied... amazing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.